Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Lindalin1: Single mom traveling with 3 teenagers

Lindalin1
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 4.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Mexican Riviera Cruises

Single mom traveling with 3 teenagers

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Who traveled:  3 boys- 15/17/19  Myself-39 (mom)

Trip for boys:

15yr old- He had a great time, met a ton of other kids running around. Played games, hung out at the O2 club and ate all day and night. Never a dull moment.

17 & 19- They hung out and met a lot of others around their age. Played miniature golf most of the time. There were contests by Carnival that they participated in, and actually had fun lol

It was sort of an in between age though. The clubs are 15-17 or over 21 yrs. this kind of left them wondering in the evenings.

Myself:

Bored. It was either kids, couples or older people. I tried to meet people at the bars, but people were pretty involved in their own trips. Usually I can talk to the bartenders if I am alone, but they were all foreign, and not very social. There is an adult area that has sunbathing and two jacuzzis, very quiet....if you gamble, it would probably be more fun.

Gym- I was More looking forward to taking the spin classes. I signed up the first day for two classes. The 1st one, they told me was cancelled and when I went to work out,saw it happening. The second they said Was happening, and did not! This was one of the most disappointing things, since I had been looking forward to enjoying some good work outs on Va-K! Lol

Catalina:

Getting off the ship- get off before 9:30am if you do not want to wait an hour in line. You will be lined up 4 flights of stairs between 9:30-12. Getting back on is easier.

On the island- shopping, eating or excursions. Not a lot to do otherwise.

Ensenada- take the shuttle, it's only $3 round trip. They will offer you the Bufadora, shopping and horseback riding for $35. Great deal! Better and more shopping than downtown by Bufadora for sure, and more negotiating. Hazel is a great tour guide BTW!

Food:

All buffets except dinner and seaday brunch. Ice cream ice cream ice cream! The kids ate like 10 a day!!! Food was ok, pretty much as expected. Kids thought it was great though.

Cost:

1 ocean-view ( riviera) and 1 inside with bunk beds ( not as crowded as I thought it would be.)

$2000

$500 on cruise included Cheers program and 3 bubbles program & gratuity. I tipped $1 per alcohol drink & a couple random things.

Plus spending $ for Catalina and Ensenada

Conclusion:

Was it worth it? Only to see my kids enjoy their vacation. It's been 10 years since I have been on a Carnival cruise, and probably will not be for 10 more. If I would of had another adult with me, I am Sure it would have been much more fun. They could of fit another kid in the inside cabin, and would of been ok. Check out the comedy shows, good start for the evening after dinner.

Hopefully this helps a little, I usually don't write reviews, but thought this one was needed for the single moms traveling with your kids! Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration R61 & R52

R52- 17yr and 19 yr shared. Bunk beds. They loved it. Not a lot of swayingR61- little more swaying, more room than it remembered. Bring a power cord if you want to charge your phone and plug anything else in. We brought walkie talkies that helped a ton! Remember no cell service while cruising. Bought on Amazon $45