Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by gbucky: Better than I Expected

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Better than I Expected

Sail Date: July 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I took our 2 sons and their wives and daughters, ages 10 and 8. We knew the kids would have a terrific time and their parents would party and love the beaches. My husband and I thought we would just relax on board. 4000 guests sounded awful but I didn't find it so bad. Waits for an elevator could take time though. Don;t expect a pool for swimming. None of them are big.

What blew me away was how beautiful the ship is; elegant, not kitchy which I had been afraid of. It seems like no detail was too small to be considered in designing the interior. A must do is to take the tour of the ship and learn about the planning for it. Ship is immaculate.

The dining rotation works so well and it was lovely to have our Ricardo and Beebee waiting on us. They treated the girls like princesses. Food was good. The two special restaurants are worth the price.

Prices for drinks were fair, sometimes even less than we would pay in Los Angeles. And there isn't a More problem of taking alcohol on board in your carry on. But the high corkage fee is obviously meant to discourage you from drinking your own in the dining rooms.

Our sons and families did the beach scenes on all three islands and the girls learned to snorkel. They thought their beach tours for St. Thomas and St. Marrten were excellent and they like Castaway Cay. I did the bus tour of the two St. Ms as I hadn't been there before. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Fantasy 7554,7558 7560

Very comfortable. Having toilet separate is great idea. The girls loved their bunk beds.