Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by hbsyetta: Over-crowded!

hbsyetta
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 3.5

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Over-crowded!

Sail Date: July 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Beautiful ship, however if you don't enjoy crowds - being surrounded by over 3000 people for 7 days, then opt for something else! Yes I knew there were a lot of people on board, but I expected a larger ship wouldn't feel so crowded. My wife and I looked forward to the mornings when we docked - allowing most of the cruisers to get off the ship so that we could relax by the pool and have some drinks by ourselves. Even our 2 teens waited for everyone to get off onto the islands so that they could use the flow rider and rock climb.

Another minus was the amount of extras you had to pay for. Ben & Jerry's Ice cream & Johnny Rockets is all extra $$. The free pizza at the Promenade restaurant was disgusting - although watching everyone grabbing as much free doughy, cheap sauce and cheese as they could eat was entertaining! We went there just to get ice water.

The food at dinner wasn't second rate. I believe this was so that you would want to go and pay an extra $35 a More meal at Chops, their Steak restaurant or the real Italian restaurant available just to get a decent meal. This is our 4th cruise in the past 21 years, but maybe cruising isn't for us anymore. Its definitely not the same as it was. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>