Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by DjMadera38: Best Vacation Ever

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Best Vacation Ever

Sail Date: July 2014

Like RCI's motto, WOW!!!! This ship is AMAZING! A true marvel of engineering where one will be awed by the grand size of the ocean liner. With so many restaurants on board, so many activities, and such amazing staff, Allure of the Seas is the ship to sail on where one can have, the perfect vacation.

Where do I begin? Embarkation. We were advised to arrive after noon, but we cheated and arrived at 1030am. Check in was a breeze, and we then went to the waiting area to board. We must of waited for 20 minutes or so, then we boarded. Once on board, we ended up on Deck 5, the Royal Promenade. We bought our drink packages, more about that later, then headed up to Solarium Bistro. I had a salad, my fiancee had chicken. I loved my salad. So fresh. It was about noonish and our rooms would not be ready until 1pm, so we just hung out there.

As promised, room was ready at 1pm. Room, stateroom 8252 Category D5 was cute, small, but we loved it. Superior Oceanview Balcony was More amazing! No complaints. After we got unpacked, we went exploring. Boardwalk was first. We tried the hot dogs, and loved them. Not sure why people do not like them. I thought my sicilian dog was delicious. We kept exploring the ship. So much to see. Speaking of which, read your cruise compass. It lists everything going on on board. There is also an interactive tv in your room that lists activities, dining options, important information, and your sea pass account info updated in real time.

We met our room Attendant, Alan, who was great. Despite mandatory gratuities, we tipped him extra for his outstanding service. Then we were off to diner in the Main Dining Room. Food was great. However, I ordered broiled Cod, instead of the delicious salmon my fiancee ordered. Cod was boring, and dry. That was only one of two bad dishes I had on board. The other, Ritas Cantina. My fish, Red Snapper, was good. The rice, was out of a box, the beans, out of a can, and the salsa, out of a jar. I was perplexed because the free restaurants provided very good food. Ritas, a for fee restaurant, was not. The food sucked, and passengers should not be charged a fee for lousy food.

Day two, Nassau. Not sure what all the hype about this place was. Pretty sketchy and run down. We went to the straw market, and walked to the fish fry. Tried a restaurant called Curleys. My fiancee had the Conch Fritters. Not bad. Once back on board Allure, we went to the pool. Very crowded. So we opted for a sunlounge on deck 15 near the windows in the shade. After, we hung out in the cabin on the balcony watching the sea. So relaxing.

Formal dinner in the main dining room was amazing. It was nice to get dressed up. Speaking of getting dressed up, we used the ships dry cleaning services offered on board, since there were no irons on board. Yeah its a bit more expensive then the local dry cleaners in your neighborhood, but its so worth it. Anyways, after dinner, we were booked at ocean Aria, in the Aqua Theater, but it got cancelled. No problem, we were re booked. All good. When we did see it, it was spectacular. What an amazing show! We hung out in the casino some times, lost a little on craps. But the Casino is fun. We were having so much fun. So much in fact that I proposed to my fiancee, and she said yes. Did it overlooking the afternoon ocean from our balcony. Bought the ring a day later in St. Thomas. Got a great deal.

Shows, the comedy show was amazing. Super funny. Loved it. Saw the one we pre booked and one on the last night of the cruise, which was just as good. We also saw Blue Planet, Ice Games, Worlds Sexiest Man Competition, Belly Flop Competition, and The Headliner Show. All were good, but the Headliner was not my cup of tea. Overall the entertainment was great.

Restaurants. Most of the time we ate at the Main Adagio Dining room on deck 5. Food was delicious! We did try 150 Central Park, which was absolutely amazing! Also tried Chops, which was not as good as 150 Central Park, but was still wonderful. Also tried Giovannis Table, which was great! Johnny Rockets breakfast was ok, but the dinner was good. Izumi's Sushi was great! The not so great, stay away from Ritas Cantina, it's garbage. Save your money for other restaurants.

Excursions. We booked on via RCI, and one on our own. We did Snuba in St. Thomas. For what we paid it was good, but too short. Overall we enjoyed it and had a wonderful time. The other, we booked via trip advisor. It was a private boat tour of St. Maarten that included swimming, snorkeling, lunch, and a great time. Loved it.

Finally, the drinks. My fiancee does not drink so she got the regular non alcoholic package at $20 per day. I got the Coke Package at $6.50 per day. Well, during dinner, coffee, water, juice, tea, etc was included. Thats pretty much what my fiancee drinks. So day two we went to guest relations and terminated her drink package and signed her up for the Coke package. Saved some money that way. In terms of Alcohol, well, lets just say I was covered haha.

Overall, the trip was perfect. We loved it. We already miss the ship and everyone who took care of us. Lonnie, in Guest Relations. Kristen, working the sales kiosks or shops in the Royal Promenade, Lonreil in the Main Dining Room, and Alan our stateroom attendant. My fiancee and I cannot say enough about how amazing our trip was. Oh, prior to leaving the ship, we noticed the ship offered "Valet" luggage check out. Meaning, we leave our bags out the night before we depart, and we don't see them again until we get to the baggage claim at our destination, San Francisco. Sooooo worth the $20 per person fee for the service. We even had a connection in Dallas, no problem. Our bags made it to SFO with nil issues.

Hope this review is helpful to those wondering if the Allure is right for them. Despite the ship having 6000 people on board, it never felt crowded. Getting off the ship took about 40 minutes with nil issues. We are already perusing cruise critic to figure out who we will sail with next year. But, being that it was my fiancee's first cruise, anything smaller looks like it won't be as fun as the Allure. We were watching some videos on Norwegian Getaway and Breakaway, and despite looking nice, my Fiancee loves Allure and either wants to do Oasis next or Quantum. We shall see. Thanks for reading. Book the Allure, you won't regret it. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>