Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by D&beach&J: Average Cruise and Nothing More

0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Average Cruise and Nothing More

Sail Date: July 2014

We (Deb and Jack from Massachusetts) cruised to the eastern Caribbean on July 21, 2014. This was a 5 night cruise. Our cruise experience has been with Royal Caribbean (8), Carnival (5), Norwegian (3), and Celebrity (2).

We had a balcony cabin (7426) and it was nice. If you ask for a bucket of ice, be sure to ask for tongs also. Every day was got ice with nothing to pick it up with.

There were mediocre shows and not many scheduled activities for people who did not choose to get off the ship each day.

This was the second time we had been on the Carnival Freedom. The food was not as good as I remembered and the variety was limited. The desserts at the buffet were the same kind most days. I did not see one key lime pie! We were not impressed at all.

This cruise had only one day at sea, but surprisingly the casino stayed open at all times. More time to lose money!

One tip for you if you like bloody mary’s. Although not advertised, the pool More bar at the back of the ship offers 2 for 1 price bloody marys until noon time each day. The adult pool is located there and on days when most people are off the ship, it was great to spend time in the pool.

The adult’s only area of the ship is at the front of the ship and there are two nice hot tubs there. I don’t know why they don’t have the pool in the same area as the rest of the adult’s only section.

We took the Everglades Alligator Excursion post-cruise. I would recommend this, but when you get in line to see the show, get in the line on your right. We waited so long in the left line that we gave up. Florida is too hot to wait in lines.

My advice to you if you have not already booked a cruise on this ship is to choose a different one.

If you have any questions about my review or experience, please feel free to email me at dw3333 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I will respond to all.

Happy cruising!

Deb Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Empress 7426

Average cabin toward back of ship. Convenient to buffet on deck 9. No obstructions. Good location.