Norwegian Star Cruise Review by JulesBear: Fantastic Time on the Star

Fantastic Time on the Star

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

My family and I recently got back from a Baltic cruise on the NCL Star. I know the Star is an older ship and doesn't have the same activities and amenities as the newer ships, but we really enjoyed this cruise. I found this ship's layout to be very confusing with weird dead ends and a very illogical layout, but after the first day or so, it was fine.

We thought the food was great and, for the most part, the entertainment was solid as well.

Overall, I'm a big fan of NCL and I think they are one of the most underrated cruise lines out there, based on my experiences with them, which have always been overwhelmingly positive.

Anyway, embarkation/disembarkation were very organized, the ship was always super-clean and in good repair and the staff was outstanding.

Although it was missing some bells & whistles (i.e., rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, mini golf, etc.), our overall experience was still very enjoyable and we felt like we received More excellent value for the money.

Would highly recommend. Less

Published 08/01/14

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Baltic Sea Cruises

Cabin review: 12002

We were in one of the Deluxe Owner's Suites on the starboard side of the ship and, while it was comfortable for a family of four, I noticed that the "middle" two rooms have two bedrooms and two bathrooms, making them slightly more desirable for families. I'm not complaining, though, because the room was still outstanding. Wonderful views from the floor-to-ceiling windows, a really big bathroom with a great ceiling where there are little lights that resembled stars, lots of closet space, Nespresso coffee machine and mini bar.Because we had the Owner's Suite, we also received three bottles of complimentary alcohol. As a suite customer, you also get complimentary breakfast and lunch at Cagney's Steakhouse and reserved seating at the shows.Our room was very quiet and we were not bothered by any noise at all. I had heard that there were some complaints because the running track is on the deck above, but we didn't hear a sound. The only issue that interfered with sleep quality was the sunlight that managed to peep through the window coverings, no matter how tightly they were closed. Not a huge deal.I would highly recommend this cabin for the location, the size of the room and the little extras that make having a Deluxe Owner's Suite so special.

JulesBear
Member Since 2012
41 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X