Carnival Pride Cruise Review by EverQuest: Smooth as silk sailing for our first family cruise

EverQuest
Member Since 2014
1 Post

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Smooth as silk sailing for our first family cruise

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Hi, I'm single Charlene from Colonial Heights, VA. I decided to take my little family on a first time, stress relieving cruise vacation.

Embarkation was smooth. As for long lines and waiting periods, we had already expected that.. so there was no problem in that area. I was very pleased to see security personnel doing their jobs and being pleasant at the same time. Once on the ship, we was amazed at the interior view, beautiful artwork, live music and more. We purchased our drink cards and headed to our rooms on the 8th floor (Panoramic Level). Our room was neat and clean; we rushed over to the balcony to check out our view which was just right for us.

Our cabin stewards, Fernando and Joe L. took care of us and our cabins from start to finish. We were very pleased with them, thanked them often and let our extra tips reflect our gratitude. Every day and night, we enjoyed the abundance of different food and drink to choose from. I'm a coffee lover and each cup, no More matter the time of day or night, was hot and fresh. During our travel on the Carnival Pride, we experienced small moments of rain with the heaviest downpour being in Freeport; nevertheless, this did not dampen our mood. Through our entire trip, sailing was calm with the ocean appearing more and more like blue silk to me. I did learn a quick lesson about going out on a slightly, windy deck wearing a long, flowing skirt(which I quickly changed). I did hear a cheer or two....so I don't feel entirely bad. : ) The activities that we joined were fun and there was always something going on for people of all ages. We loved the music and cartoon trivia, the magic show, Mixology(adult drink making),the family and adult only comedy shows, line dancing and so many others. My 6 year old grandbaby could not get enough of swimming and camp carnival and making new play friends. It was so heart warming to see so many children smiling and laughing with delight and just plain having a good ol time!

There were two formal nights, we all loved getting dressed up for dinner and professional pictures. From the young to the young at heart, everyone we saw looked so nice!

The formal dinner food we chose was the lobster and shrimp dish....absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked.

Stopping at Port Canaveral(1st port), we headed off to SeaWorld and had a wonderful time there. The "One Ocean" show was spectacular, the killer whales and trainers performed with lots of energy and enthusiasm. If you like getting wet, sit in the splash zone areas; it can be fun and refreshing to get soaked with cold water on a hot day. Try hand feeding the adorable dolphins too, it's safe and so fun.

To and from SeaWorld, we used Diamond Cab Company; a driver named Arley came to greet us with a warm smile and professional attitude. The vehicle was very clean with nice and cold a/c, he also provided a booster seat for our youngster. We felt safe with Arley behind the wheel.

At Nassau(2nd port), we went on the Balmoral Island excursion to feed stingrays and do some snorkeling. We all had a wonderful experience feeding the rays...I was a little nervous at first but I quickly got over it when I saw my grandbaby feeding them like a pro. The trainers provide the ray food; they patiently show and tell you everything and stay by your side until you are totally comfortable with your surroundings....and there will be a good many stingrays swimming lazily all around you. This was on our "must do" list. So fun. Our snorkeling adventure was a winner too...the water was so clear, the fish so colorful; so peaceful. It was almost unreal to me. There were other groups of people going onto their selected excursions as well.

At Freeport(3rd and last port before heading home), this nice place was our chance to really dig in and grab some souvenirs for ourselves and loved ones back home. We shopped and spent some money in a good number of little stores; we found the merchants to be very nice and happy to make a sale. I was impressed at how very neat they keep their wares on display. Oh, please don't forget to check out the store there called "Del Sol". They have clothes of every size, it seems, that change color when exposed to sunlight. Jewelry, fingernail polish, headbands etc...that actually change color. The merchants do demonstrations for you right in the store. Amazing! I just knew when I walked into Del Sol, I was not leaving empty handed. Money well spent. : )

Disembarkation for us went fine. We filled out our declaration form on the previous night. We listened carefully to the directions from the Cruise Director (Calvyn) on procedures to leave the ship in an orderly fashion. This was the only time we felt a bit of sadness....having to leave.

Smooth as silk sailing for our first family cruise. Thank you to all of the hard working folks on the Carnival Pride. And a special thank you to the Captain who made our journey safe. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Panorama 8223

Very pleased with our cabin. We were so thankful to be on a much needed vacation, there was no desire or need to complain about anything.