Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by FlaGuy1997: Wow what a cruise!!!

FlaGuy1997
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wow what a cruise!!!

Sail Date: July 2014

Embarkation: First off embarkation went very smooth for us. We arrived at Port Everglades around 10:30am dropped off our luggage came back to the terminal entrance got checked in around 11:00am. They had us wait in one area since we are Platinum level members. As time came close to board they moved us to another area and by noon we were on the ship.

Stateroom: When we arrived at our stateroom we received our luggage shortly after arriving and we were greeted by our room steward. He was more then friendly he would do anything for us and always made sure that we had everything we needed. He always came by just to say hi when he seen us in the hallways.

Food: The food on the ship was very good whether if we ate in the dining room or at the Horizon Court there was always options onboard to choose from. Of couirse, I had to stop by the international cafe for a slice of cheese cake. The lobster that they had was very good and of course the Alaska bake the last night of the More cruise was very good indeed.

Ports: I loved all the ports in general. First stop was in Grand Turk the ocean was very nice clear water all around and very relaxing. I later found the pool and then I moved over there where they had a tiki bar and the water was very warm.

San Juan: This was my first time in San Juan I seen some historic sites that I was impressed with. The streets of San Juan which is the old San Juan were very small and reminded me very much of St. Maarten there streets are small as well. Overall, I had a fun time in San Juan.

St. Thomas: Having been here before I didn't see much in change from the last time I visited two years ago. We didn't do any excursions in the ports as we wanted to explore on our own.

Princess Cays: This was my third time being at Princess Cays and we did not stay on the island that long because it was way too hot. We had the free lunch that Princess offers we had lunch on the island then decided to go back to the ship and go swimming since it was hot. I will say this about Princess about getting off the ship. They have tender boats that take you to and from the island and I feel that they need to get a better system in place as this does get congested and by the time you get off the ship its time to come back. Advice if you are going to visit the island get off the ship early otherwise it will be very crowded.

Entertainment: I will say this if you can't find anything to do on the ship then that is on you. This is my 5th cruise with Princess and I always found something to do whether it was watching a show a demonstration, casinos there is always something to do on the ship.

Disembarkation: What can I say it was very smooth and very well organized. Since we are platinum level members we had the option to either sit in the Casino or stay in Club Fusion so we chose to stay in Club Fusion where they had tea and coffee for us. Once off the ship we were through customs within 15 minutes so very smooth indeed.

Overall, great cruise as I did celebrate my birthday onboard. Hats off to Princess for making my cruise enjoyable. Would I sail with Princess again most definitely!!

Thank you Princess for another great cruise!!! Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess P261

When we got to our room we were greeted by room steward Leo who was very friendly and helpful throughout the cruise. He would always say hi to me and my family and would always ask if we ever needed anything. We were not in the room much so as long as I had a place to sleep that was all I needed. I only found minor things wrong with the room which did not bother me. I mentioned to Leo that a bulb burned out in the bathroom and within a few hours it was fixed. We had a problem with our safe I called Passenger Services and they had someone there to fix it within 30 minutes.