Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Meadosf: Great trip

Great trip

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seward

This was my 6th RCCI cruise, and it was great. Parts were incredible, parts were ok, and a few things need improvement, as is always the case.

Summary:

We stayed at the Anchorage Marriott, where we began embarkation by boarding the train to Seward. All went smoothly from there to the ship. Very well done. The ship was fine - one of the smaller ones I've been on lately, but very nice. My only complaint was the exceptionally small bathroom/shower (I'm used to small bathrooms on ships, but this was worse than usual.

The food was average. The service was excellent.

The entertainment was very mixed. The opening night headliner, Sean Laughlin, was the worst act I've ever seen on a ship. The final night comedian, Darrell Joyce, however, was the best act I've ever seen on a cruise. Quite a variation. We also liked the lounge band, Rockport. The ship band, singers and dancers were very good. The piano bar guy and the pub guitarist/singer, however were not More good. They were both talented, but insisted on doing their own interpretations of popular songs, so that people couldn't easily sing along. That ruins the experience in those venues, which we normally enjoy. Too bad they didn't know the difference between what a headliner should do and what a singalong artist should do.

The ports and excursions were all great, with the exception of Icy Straight Point (not much there, except a good Zip Line if you like that, but the Nature Tram was an overpriced and not too exciting tour). Loved the Juneau Whale Watching, the Skagway Ghosts and Goodtime Girls tour, the Ketchikan Duck Tour and the Lumberjack Show.

Disembarking was quick and easy and flying out of Vancouver was smooth.

Overall, a great trip, and we already booked next year's cruise to Hawaii. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Radiance of the Seas 9622

Good room, but tiny bathroom, in particular the shower.