Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Chai4me: Family Alaskan Cruise

Family Alaskan Cruise

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Just back from July 18th Solstice Alaskan cruise. We had beautiful weather the entire time. Me (48) my husband (55) and son (10). Previously sailed Norwegian, Royal and Disney. This, so far, will go down as our favorite ship. The staff was friendly and accommodating to needs. The ship is beautiful and rarely do you feel crowded. Our son enjoyed the Fun Factory and insisted on taking part in the evening slumber parties (which gave us a chance to enjoy some night life -- yes there was nightlife, way more than on the Disney cruise). Select Dining was nice for us. Never had to wait, but we booked reservations online (which we changed the day of without an issue). Premium drink package likely paid off for hubby, and for me was just nice to not have to sign each time (when I didn't like a drink, I just got another one without hesitation, also had many specialty teas, coffees and waters).

This experience is more along the line of relaxing, educationally entertaining (Brent Nixon and More Celebrity Life activities), and fun (cocktails and dancing in the evenings). This is not the rock climbing, character greeting, pumping dance music all day event.

Would recommend: premium alcohol package, reserve excursions online ahead of time, walkie talkies, over the door shoe organizer (not just for shoes), power strip for charging devices, magnetic clips and hooks for walls, lanyards for key cards, dress in layers (we're not talking ski jacket cold here, but bring mittens and knit caps for when on deck), and chewable Dramamine (first night and full day at sea we needed it, the rest smooth sailing). Also, we used small to medium paper bags with handles to store socks and undergarments above bed (think gift bag size).

Would recommend Solstice. The crew was great. Will hope to sail Celebrity again. Less

Published 08/01/14

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: 1122

Great location and aft facing balcony. Would definitely recommend this cabin.

Chai4me
Member Since 2013
4 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X