Azura Cruise Review by Walker J: Benefit Street afloat

Benefit Street afloat

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Southampton

The ship was lovely, but 100's of kids of all ages was a nightmare, most of them looked as if they should have been in school so no doubt the courts will be busy, the parents were quite vocal about the fine being less than the saving they made on the holiday and some of them were like watching Benefit Street with their tattoos, drinking and lack of social skills (not all I hastens to add) and if this makes me a 'snob' as I was referred to for asking someone to observe the use of hand sanitiser and food tongs, then so be it !!!!! Letting the little ones run riot in the bars and retuarants was off putting and the standard of hygiene was abysmal. Teenagers were sexually inappropriate both in dress and behaviour, no parental control anywhere, it was like the worst Holiday camp imaginable. By he end of the first week the children were bored and the passengers without children were totally fed up of the behaviour. That's the rant over - following an accident in Lisbon, I have to say the More staff were amazing and checked on me every day, they sent flowers and even offered to pay our bill in Lisbon as they weren't sure if my husband had paid (he had) before he ran to the scene of where I had been hit by a car. I can't thank them enough, a credit to P&O on that one !.

Our balcony cabin on deck twelve was lovely, the entertainment was in the main awful, Peter Piper, so called comedian was dreadful and we left after ten minutes, can't remember the other comedian who did the Jim Davidson 'Chalky' routine who should have been made to walk he plank at least, the Tom Jones and Elton John tributes were so brilliant they were off the scale, could have watched them every night, Karaeoke had some good participants which made a change so was watchable,.

On the last night the food was an Indian buffet, by one o'clock in he morning I was being treated in my room for food poisoning, we analysed what I'd had - I don't eat much which was a blessing, but if anyone else had the same reaction I'd be interested to know, I had a small potato cake with a spoonful of Dahl and green Dahl salad, goodness knows what would have happened if I'd eaten more than the mouthful I managed. The nurse was in attendance within ten minutes, which really helped.

In summary, I would make sure any future cruise is child free, and confirmed by the company, be very careful what I ate from the buffet dining area, and be more careful crossing empty roads in Lisbon cos this is the only chance parked cars have to fly out of their space and into the road !!

Also 1 we went to the art classes with Yvette which were fun and I would recommend them to all beginners, we learned a lot. I'm glad to be home and resting nicely hoping to recover in time for my next cruise. Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>