Silver Galapagos Cruise Review by cruiselover220: Fabulous and interesting experience for the whole family

cruiselover220
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Silver Galapagos South America & Antarctica Cruises

Fabulous and interesting experience for the whole family

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Embarkation: Other

I read all of the reviews of this ship and i just don´t understand why the reviews aren´t higher than they are. The exhibition team was just fabulous. They were knowledgeable, patient, and really knew their stuff and made it fun, answering all questions along the way. There were lectures the day before so you knew what to expect and could choose the excursión level that suited you. All excursions are included in the Price, as is tip and liquor. Although we were with several different guides, I felt that each knew my name after the first day. All staff members made a huge effort to know each person´s name.

Before the cruise, I filled out information about myself. When i arrived, there was a note in my cabin that the maitre di, Ramón, wanted to meet with me to discuss my dietary restrictions. I was so impressed. I do not like seafood and he came up to me at every buffet to let me know which ítems had seafood and when my chicken was on the More grill, he made sure it wasn´t near any seafood. He was so attentive and accommodating. <There was an option to eat outside at the grill which we did a few times and at night you could grill your own meat or fish on a special table grill which was a nice touch. Wine was served with every meal with an option for any other kind of drink. My favorite guides were Ivonne and Fernando but each week the guides can be different. Daniel, the expedition leader, also has another talent. He knows all about astonomy. It´s a small ship which can hold a máximum of 100 but there were 70 on our trip. There were alot of well behaved kids since it´s the summer.

The crew was Ecuadorian since that is a requirement for a Galápagos cruise. They all tried sooo hard. Our Butler would call us to see if there was anything we needed and made sure our frig was stocked with diet coke and beer. There were waterproof backpacks in our room with waterbottles to use and take home. We loved the kayaking and snorkelling, in addition to the various excursions, hikes, and exploring some of the small towns. Make sure you bring a waterproof camera or you will really be sorry. I own hiking boots and was sorry I didn´t bring them for some of the rocky áreas we hiked. This is just a wonderful cruise with a staff that tries soooooooo hard to give you the best posible trip. Sincé it´s only 6 floors, we never took the elevator but there is that option. After dinner, most people go to sleep to be well rested for the next day. Less

Read more Silver Galapagos cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Silver Galapagos Review >>

Cabin review: Silver Galapagos 515

<Nice size room, comfy bed, fully stocked frig with whatever I requested, shower only, very attentive Butler, strong blowdryer