AmaDagio Cruise Review by Ilenekoppel@msn.com: Disappointing

Disappointing

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Lyon

I just returned home from 13 days with AMAwaterways. Seven days were spent on the AMAdagio and 3 days pre-cruise in Paris and 3 days post cruise in Barcelona. The Paris hotel was a disappointing choice, but compared to the comfort on board the AMAdagio it was heaven. I expected a 5 star experience. At best I'll be generous and give it 3 stars.

The cabins were tiny, as I expected, but I didn't expect a bed that was a torture device. The mattress was lumpy and we could feel the poorly placed slats below. Unfortunately, the water in the bathroom had a very unpleasant odor which added to the discomfort. I don't know if they can correct this problem. Overall, the "hotel" experience on board was that of an old hotel that was well passed its prime.

The food was less than mediocre. The meats reminded me of the university dining hall. I was served overripe fruit and the pastries seemed like they were packaged (in France!). I was surprised that the day before we left the boat More we were asked to surrender our bathrobes so the crew could start washing them for the next group.

On the positive side the tours and guides were very good and the staff was attentive and pleasant. The trip ended in Barcelona at a good hotel in tourist friendly neighborhood. Overall, I feel the trip was a second class experience beginning with the hotel in Paris, the second class train ticket to Lyon, the bus with broken air conditioning from France to Barcelona, and the aged feeling on board the boat. Less

Published 07/30/14

Read more AmaDagio cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's AmaDagio Review >>

Compare Prices on AmaDagio Europe - River Cruise Cruises

Cabin review: Violin Deck312

The pro of this deck is that your cabin will always be at least half way above ground when you are docked. In some cities the two lower decks were below street level. Cons include very uncomfortable bed and bathroom water that has a bad odor. The decor on this boat has an old, worn feeling.

Ilenekoppel@msn.com
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X