“Awesome!”
Cruise review of Costa Pacifica

askoworodko Costa Pacifica 5 Awesome!
askoworodko
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating

Before leaving on this cruise, I read some reviews on cruise critic and was a bit concerned, but the itinerary of this trip was too appealing. Now, I am wondering what people's expectations were? I found the staff extremely helpful, switching languages effortlessly and answering every question clearly. The cabin was lovely and constantly being tidied and cleaned.

I am celiac and the attention paid to ensuring gluten free dining was amazing. Evenings in the dining room revealed one waiter looking after all the gluten free diners scattered at various tables exclusively. The menu selection was wonderful and the meals delicious- the portion size was exactly what it should be- no need to worry about over eating and gaining weight on this trip. Breakfast and lunch for the gluten free crowd was again in the dining room in a specially marked area. Again, the staff was attentive and the meals delicious. One waiter almost dived across the table to save me from eating a non gluten free bun that had been left for the partner of another passenger who was not celiac. We had a good laugh.

A few questions to other reviews- Why do you need to see the captain so badly and talk to him? Doesn't he have a job to do? If I saw the captain regularly, I would be concerned

The entertainment may not have been for everyone every night, but some nights were great. The choices of other bars could surely let you find something to do and listen to. The staff in the bars were also interesting to talk with and provided great service.

I have a feeling that what made my trip outstanding and perhaps left others wanting, was the dinner assignments. I lucked out with a great group and then met other fascinating people at breakfast, lunch and the excursions.

Costa Pacifica Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Published 07/30/14
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Pacifica Review
Costa Pacifica Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?