Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Coco718

Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Awesome first cruise

My family and I went on the July 18-25, 2014 cruise to Bermuda. My parents had a balcony room and me and my 2 sisters had an inside room on deck 11. My parents had taken this cruise before but this was a first for me and my sisters. Since we live in MA we didn't need to fly to a port. Embarkation was smooth and easy. We were able to get into our rooms by 12:30pm. The inside room is small but since we weren't there a lot, it worked great for us. Since our parents had a balcony room we were able to enjoy their view often. Our steward Gusti was great. Answered any questions we had and greeted us whenever we saw him.

The food was very good too. We had most of our meals in the Venetian. There was variety and delicious choices. We got to try food we never had before. The service was great and it is a beautiful restaurant. We had a few different servers but enjoyed our time with Miro the best. We searched him out whenever possible and he would always stop by to see us and answer any questions we had about the food, even when he wasn't our waiter. I had read some tips prior to cruising and one was go to the Venetian on embarkation day because many people go directly to the buffet. That was excellent advice, we were seating and served right away. I would recommend making reservations especially for the last couple nights because they book up early.

We also attending the Murder Mystery Lunch. There is a fee for the lunch but well worth the entertainment you get. We had lots of fun there. The coffee was strong, we enjoyed getting coffee from the "coffeeologist" look for him in the Garden Buffet. At the pool we met an awesome waitress Irene! She learned our names right away and greeting us throughout the cruise. She told us about the Pub Hop which we attended. Highly recommend that for meeting people and lots of fun! It happens twice while at sea. Big Ben made that experience great fun.

In Bermuda we went on 4 excursions. They were all fabulous. We did the Day at the Beach at Snorkel Beach, the Horseshoe Bay Beach excursion, the Gosling's Sunset Cruise and the Bermuda Triangle Snorkel cruise. We bought some Gosling's rum on the sunset cruise and it was delivered to our room the night before we disembarked. We also did some shopping. We really liked the rum cakes and glass blowing store. There were also lot of options in the clock tower mall.

Our Cruise Critics group met for a meet and greet and were also given a tour of the bridge. Definitely recommend joining a role call and attending events with people in the group. It was so nice to see people I knew throughout the cruise. At night we spent a lot of time in the Pearly Kings Pub. Look for the bartender who calls himself "Chips Ahoy" he is entertaining and quite the character. Karaoke can be found there most nights. Chips Ahoy will offer trivia too while you are sitting at the bar. He has a great laugh, check it out for sure!

Disembarkation was slow. We thought luggage tags were going to be delivered to our cabins but you actually pick them up yourself in the Grand Atrium the last day of cruising right outside of the Pearly King. Because we didn't find out until the end of the day we did not have a choice in the time we wanted to leave. Read your daily newsletters that your steward leaves in your room. That is where the directions were found. You can also plan your activities for the next day.

I would recommend bringing a clock (none in the room), a flashlight, a watch, bandaids (although you can get them from the information desk, they weren't the best quality), an underwater camera, sweater/sweatshirt (it can get cold in the air conditioned areas), a travel mug for coffee (their cups are small), and extra bags to bring home you souvenirs. I would definitely take this cruise again! Try everything! It is so much fun and you will meet lots of new friends!

Publication Date: 07/30/14