Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Huntswoman: NEVER BOOK A SUITE ON DECK 12!

Huntswoman
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Bermuda Cruises

NEVER BOOK A SUITE ON DECK 12!

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

The balcony on the other hand had no roof and was directly below the pool deck. We found food on our lounge chairs in the morning and a man with a bit too much to drink staring down at us. They start setting out the deck chairs very early with a big thump. Band and general noise is outrageous till late. If there is an activity going on up there w a microphone you will want to shut your door. If you love hot sun this is for you, we had to wait till late afternoon to sit out.

One big draw back to this ship is that you cannot travel forward to aft or vice versa unless you go to deck 7. Not sure what was midships.

Not sure why they would put suites on a deck that had constant traffic on the way to the pool and the buffet. There was almost always noise in the More hall ways. 3 nights in a row there was a large group of very drunk teens partying outside our cabins. Everyone called security.

The smoking was another problem. I did not find this on the Oasis. The casino was blue with smoke and there was smoking on all the outside decks and balconies.

I am generally an easy traveler but this was not a pleasant trip. I have never seen so many overly drunk teens. One evening they threw all the little canapes they bring to the suites on the floor leaving the butler to clean everything up.

The food was very good, portions were just right, service was mostly excellent. Many different venues for dining.

Shows were excellent. Plenty of seating but arrive early.

Last I would like say some very kind words about our butler Roshan. He was born to his position and he is a master of his craft. He was there when you needed him but never intrusive. There was a ship cell phone and you were able to call him with a request or question.

Dennis our cabin steward always had a smile and even remembered my nickname. The best cabin steward I have ever had.

Cabin service was excellent. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn 12022

We were in Suite 12022 on Deck 12. First let me say the interior of the suite was more than adequate and well designed. Very large bathroom, lots of closet & drawer space. Plenty of space to move around.The balcony on the other hand had no roof and was directly below the pool deck.They start setting out the deck chairs very early with a big thump. Band and general noise is outrageous till late.