Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by b_cruise: Great cruise!

b_cruise
Member Since 2010
1,183 Posts

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great cruise!

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We sailed July 13 for 8 days with the ports of call Aruba, DR, Curaçao, Grand Turk. There were two of us in balcony aft cabin 8449.

Embankment- very smooth, FTTF very worth it and I was a non believer. Got to port at 11 and we were eating at the lido buffet by 1215. Our room was ready and our luggage was there very quick. You also get faster access in guest services line and via phone.

Cabin- a larger balcony cabin. A bit loud from above as you do hear the scraping of the chairs. Every so often there was a pinging sound coming from the ceiling as well. The staff smokes in the stairwell right beside this roomso it is smelly in the hall. If you are sensitive to smoke do not book this room. I probably would not book this room again as the noise from a stairwell was very apparent in the night. I'm not sure if it was the stairwell above or the staff in the stairs smoking. The depressing thing about this room is I had a call from carnival a couple days before More sailing and upgraded to this room. So I paid a lot more for this room and my other room probably would of been better. The bonus was my room steward team. They were amazing!!

Food- I loved it!! We thought all the food was excellent as usual. I honestly do mot know how people would ever complain about the food.

Entertainment- it was okay. It has gone downhill over the years but it is still entertaining. Thehypnotistwas excellent!

Ports- great...loved Aruba..go snorkelling, the water is incredible.

Gym- busy at times but very good. Carnival needs two personal supervising in there though. The one guy was teaching my spin class and there was a fellow running on the treadmill without his shirt. It was gross!! Sweat everywhere but the instructor couldn't stop the class. He had enough trouble with people randomly trying to join the class half way through. The setup needs a better layout for classes.

Debarkment- we did self assist and walked off in ten minutes after having breakfast.

To sum it up, it was a fabulous holiday. The staff is amazing - Kristina at the aft bar lido is so funny. I enjoyed her witty sense of humour. Our room steward Jorge (spelling)was so friendly and very attentive. The bar waiters at the aft lido were excellent as well. Great young men with good people skills!!

Thank you carnival staff for a great vacation! Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>