“Doesn't worth the money”
Cruise review of Disney Wonder

tikish Disney Wonder 3 Doesn't worth the money
tikish
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating

Things we like:

Great food. We went to Triton (French cuisine) as much as we could. Other restaurants equally good. Stay away from the fast food on Deck 9 though - very low quality.

Staff. Our room service and restaurant servers were amazing. We added more cash tips for them in the end. Other staff we met in the hallway or other locations seemed genuinely love kids and super friendly.

The View. The mountains alone the way are spectacular. It's great enjoyment eating at the open deck of Beach Blanket Buffet.

Mickey Theater Shows. They are just like Broadway shows, only in Disney stories. Love the movies as well. We caught up some latest movies on the ship.

Disappointments:

The Season. I expected to see 'Alaska', but the weather's so warm that even at Tracy Arm there's no much ice.

Ports of Call. These towns suck. All you see is stores selling tourist gifts and jewelry stores. You learn nothing about local life and local people. I have been wanting to travel to Alaska all my life. But these towns have no flavor at all.

Port Adventures. In my opinion, they are all over priced and under designed. A long boring train ride costs $130 per person. Petting a few smelly sled dogs (I am a genuine dog-lover) cost us $160 per person. The so-called musher summer camp is merely a few crappy dog houses scattered around. I felt sorry for the dogs. Besides that, there's no taste Alaska at all. You may wanna try the helicopter

tour, which, according to my boss, takes you to the top of the mountain and drops you off in the snow. He took that many years ago and loved it. We were held back by the $500+ per person price tag.

Entertainments on the ship. Not much for our 2yr old or for ourselves. Most of time we were wondering around looking for things to do and often times ended up at the movie theater. We watched Frozen and Captain America. Our 7yr old nephew did have more activities and more places to go, but I didn't hear him talking excitedly about any one of them.

Overall:

Good experience, of both the scenic cruise and the Disney characters. But for $5k? too much. If I had paid half, I would have given a 5-star.

Disney Wonder Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6307
The cabin is at Deck 6 Forward.Pros: very few traffic and very quietCons: far away from the beverage station (Deck 9 Aft) and other places (most restaurants are at the Aft)
Published 07/30/14
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Wonder Review
Disney Wonder Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?