“Not what we expected”

Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My husband and I were very disappointed in the Royal Caribbean cruise. We spent more to go on RC then we have on other cruises because we thought it would be a better experience and better everything. Nothing was better, and in many ways this trip was far worse that the other cruises we’ve taken. nothing special. Also, the guides on the expensive shore excursions were more interested in taking us to shopping places then to the ruins that we paid to go see.

We purchased the premium drink package and the bartenders were very slow, never enough of them, could never find a waiter/waitress to serve drinks, the dining room never knew what went with the package - which water we got, whether other coffee drinks went with it - overall very disappointing. It was expensive to purchase and then we always had to chase down someone to give us a drink. Not what I would have expected.

We paid more to go on a RC cruise line and expected more, but all we got was less of everything. I would not recommend RC to anyone.

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

6038
Room was just okay - it did have a balcony - but small and cramped and lighting poor.
Published 07/30/14
Thank sellings229@gmail.com
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Splendour of the Seas Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?