Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by mollychipper

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by mollychipper
Allure of the Seas
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Allure of the Seas June 1-8

We went on this cruise to celebrate my son's high school graduation. There was 7 of us on this boat. The 4 of us, grandma, aunt and a friend of my son's. We had a wonderful time on the boat. At times I thought the boat was to big. Even though it was a beautiful ship and we enjoyed ourselves immensely we still like the Freedom of the Seas as our favorite boat.

Just embarking on this boat was remarkable. You just walk through the door and the 'WOW" experience starts. We are platinum sailors on royal Caribbean and we didn't have to wait long to embark on the ship. We were on board with in 30 minutes and enjoying our lunch in the windjammer. I like the way they do things in there as they seat you first and then you go and get your food. No more looking for tables and trying to figure out where your party is. We haven't been on a Royal Caribbean boat for a few years, so we really enjoyed getting back to the line. We really like the different food stations that are set up in the windjammer. Never really have to wait in a long line as it is all free flowing. As unlike Carnival, there is just one or two lines on either side and you can wait forever. I purchased the drink packaged the premium one. It worked out well for me. I was able to drink pretty much what I wanted for the whole week including water and soda. I also was able to have a specialty drink in labadee.

We thoroughly enjoyed this cruise, the only time it felt like there was a lot of people on the boat was on sea days. Very hard to find a seat unless you get up early to stack out a seat. My kids thoroughly enjoyed all of the activities on this boat from flow rider to the zip line. Make sure you go have a pretzel dog at the wipe out café. They are pretty awesome. The only thing I think this ship is missing is the attention to detail that you get on other ships. I think the ship being to big you miss that separate attention. We did my time dining and enjoyed our servers. In Falmouth, Jamaica we traveled to Dunn's falls for the 2nd time. It was just as good as the first time. The water is so refreshing and enjoyable. In Cozumel, we snorkeled and went to Fury beach. We had a great time. We then traveled into town to eat and drink at Wet Wendy's. The best food and margaritas we've had in Cozumel. Overall, we really enjoyed the Allure of the Seas. Looking forward to going on the Quantum when it comes out. We really enjoy Royal Caribbean ships and look forward to getting on them again soon.

Publication Date: 07/30/14