Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Jones1961

Carnival Freedom
Carnival Freedom
Member Name: Jones1961
Cruise Date: July 2014
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Not so great first cruise

This was my wife's and my first time to cruise. We had heard about all the fabulous food on board and you would have to be careful of weight gain. First though let me say that I'm handicapped as is my wife. The only way I can get around is on my scooter. Carnival was great about this and got us a roll in shower and the room was fine. Getting on and off the ship was a snap because of the accessibility lines and people to help us. Our cabin Stewart and everyone from carnival on deck were terrific.

Navigating on the Freedon is hard though because you can't just stay on the deck you need to be on to get places. The dining room may be on the third deck but you would have to go all the way to the end of the ship go up two floors go back to mid ship then down two floors. Plus the elevator doors close so fast they can be hard to catch.

I guess when you get down to it the worst thing about this ship is the food is just plain average at best. We found the buffet to be lacking in a lot of areas. The main dining room we only went to on one elegant night and one brunch. We figured if they could not do better on that night we wouldn't waste our time there again. At night we could get pizza. We thought they would offer more at night unless it's room service. The crew was great to us but the food on deck was hard to let pass. Maybe carnival can pick that up and more people will be happy since we pay a lot of money for a cruise.

Also their pictures are so over priced we had to pass. Fifteen dollars for a five x seven is out of our price range.

Publication Date: 07/29/14