Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Suzieb99: Beautiful and Huge...

Suzieb99
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 6.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Beautiful and Huge...

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We just returned from Norwegian Breakaway. It was beautiful and huge and a lot of people, but overall we loved it. We traveled with a family group of 8 w/ 2 kids (13 & 11) Here is a quick review of my experience

Great…

SHIP, it's beautiful and clean for so many people on board

STAFF, they are all friendly, courteous, professional, helpful and so personable. They make you feel special. They remembered my children's names and spoke to them personally.

SPLASH ACADAMY (kids 3-12) amazing, fun, well supervised and great counselors! They were fantastic with my special needs son. he loved them!

ENTARAGE Teens- My 13 yr old loved hanging out in the evenings playing Wii and air hockey

SHOWS - Cirque du Soleil was AMAZING! second city improv was also good and Michael Finney. The evening entertainment in the atrium was very fun each night too!

ROPES CORSE/ZIP LINE - This was great fun, but lines were quite long. More

NOT so good…

CROWDED - Too many people. too crowded for my liking, but I must say ALL of the 4000 other guests were polite and considerate of each other, just too many people for me. Even though I was traveling with my kids, I like space and some quiet.

POOLS - ONE SMALL kid pool was too crowded too, tons of kids on board and one small pool for kids and parents to swim. Adult pool area was bigger but also VERY crowded for the adults.

LONG lines for water slides and ropes course, again all goes back to so many people on board.

FOOD - food very good and never a shortage, but I was disappointed in the salad bars and other healthy offerings. I know I may in the minority on this one, but I would have expected better salad bars. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Catamaran Cruise

Awesome,very fun! Guides were funny and knowledgeable. Snorkel spot is great and the boat is awesome!

Glass Bottom Boat

(4)

Boat ride was nice, not much too see however. Some coral, not much in the way of colorful fish. Nice calm low key excursion to see some of the island from the water. Guides were fun and courteous. Good for older people that may not want to do much walking.

Horseshoe Bay Beach

Beaches were great and taking a cab for the 4 of us was a little more expensive, but worth the convenience. The cab drivers were friendly and shared interesting stories about the island. We went past horseshoe bay and had the driver drop us at Warwick beach just a bit further based on recommendations we had gotten. It was a good choice. Warwick is not busy. We played in the water there for a bit then walked the path to some other spots. Right next to Warwick walking toward Horseshoe Bay is a great little calm cove. It's only about 3 ft deep and great for swimming with the kids.The path eventually put us on Horseshoe Bay. Horseshoe Bay was very nice, but quite busy. We easily grabbed a taxi back. The drivers are there waiting to take guests back to their ships or hotel.
The beaches are beautiful and the water was warm. We enjoyed our day at the beach and I would recommend making the effort to get there!

Kayaking

Kayaking was GREAT! very fun for our whole family. We had the only kids on the excursion, but they did great…Even our special needs 11 yr old did great in a kayak with his dad! Guide says he has had several families with Autistic kids and they have done well! Their were couples of all ages. Kayaks are easy to maneuver and very stable. Tour is leisure pace, but not slow. Guides were kind, funny, and knowledgeable with their facts and island lore. We really enjoyed this and I would recommend it for any age.