River Ambassador Cruise Review by FresnoNorm: Pleasant Danube Experience

Pleasant Danube Experience

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Vienna

We had a great time on this ship. I really liked the "all-inclusive" arrangement -- all tips, all beer & wine, and all mixed drinks (non-premium alcohol) were included. (Please consider other cruise options carefully -- we've been "nickled and dimed" with crew tips and lounge drinks, even after "ship-board credit.") The food was very good, and the service was gracious and superior. There is lots of food with a good variety of menu options for most tastes. The excursions were well-organized, informative and interesting; and were comparable to other cruises we've taken. Besides the typical "city tours," we visited a family in the country, heard a concert, and got to see how regular people lived. These excursions were half-day, so we weren't too exhausted. My wife could rest back at the boat, and I could still explore on foot or or by transit. (They had optional "fee" excursions you could add to the included ones, but we passed on them for the sake of relaxation.)

We have More cruised on two other river cruise lines; one on the Yangtze, and another on the Rhine. I really appreciated not having to worry about additional fees, and that's worth the non-discount pricing. We chose to pay for laundry as an extra; but UniWorld comps a load on your next cruise. Less

Read more River Ambassador cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's River Ambassador Review >>

Cabin review: River Ambassador 231

Folks, a 110 meter boat is NOT going to have lots of room in cabins. Don't expect it, unless you pay for the suites. (It took a little coordination, but I shaved while wife showered, and I showered while she dried her hair.) There was a small amount of noise (depending on whether the boat was under-weigh, etc.), but it wouldn't disturb any but the lightest sleeper. If you need things super quiet, book forward in the boat. The advantage of this cabin was fewer people past the door (talking loudly).