Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by mahoney1214: 1st Cruise - Couldn't Have Been Better - Loved It

mahoney1214
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

1st Cruise - Couldn't Have Been Better - Loved It

Sail Date: July 2014

This was my first cruise. My wife has been on several with family.

I loved the whole experience. The Carribean Princess was a really nice ship, with just enough shopping and on board fun (casino, shows) to keep you busy, but not overdone.

The best part was the staff. Everyone was great and took pride in providing great customer service. The food was excellent, and when we needed something, someone was there to help.

The cruise itinerary was perfect. A couple days at sea to relax, fun things to do in San Juan. Loved the private island too.

The casino was generous to me at the roulette table. Not so much to my wife at More the slots. But overall, we were up about 100, so not bad. They had a non-smoking night, but honestly, the smoke was never even close to bad any night (I can't stand much smoke.)

Overall - I would highly recommend this cruise, this ship, and Princess overall.

Only bad thing is I gained about 4 pounds due to the great food. But that is my fault. Running on deck was a great experience, but I only did it once. Be prepared to exercise or have some real discipline against great food, or do what I did and just gain the weight :)

Can't wait for my next cruise!! Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess A746

Our cabin - A746 - was nicely sized with a great angled and oversize balcony. Loved being able to look straight out or forward without leaning over balcony rail. The aft part of the ship has a hum / slight vibration at night (I'm guessing due to the props turning), and I slept like a baby to it. It's like a built in white noise.Ronaldo took care of our cabin all week. Fantastic service. He also serviced the Grand Suite next door, so I'm guessing it is no mistake a known great team member would be assigned to this area.