Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by jamcar1716: The Fun Ship

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

The Fun Ship

Sail Date: July 2014

My wife and I had a six day cruise at the last minute on the Carnival Breeze. We had a flight from RDU to MIA the day before. I really wanted to do the Western Caribbean but wanted a seven day vacation, so we partied in Miami the night before. We used a taxi for transportation to the port only 25 dollar and from the port to the airport we used a private shuttle only 20. The ports of call Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Caymen, Cayman Islands, and Cozumel Mexico. This was our second cruise, so the only comparable would be to Royal Enchantment of the Sea. Embarkation was great we were able to go straight to our room after our zone was called.

We ate in the Sapphire lower deck 3. We opted for your time dinning. Which I think is the best, since you don’t have to rush to dinner every night. The menu selection was great, but the food some nights tasted plain. They did have widow seats that were mostly obstructed views of the life boats. I guess it was the dinner or More someone room so they went with the dinner. They did have another dining room that was located on the other side of the ship. Out of each night I only waited once to be seated because of a rush.

Lunch

Guy’s Burger is the best on the water. I had one every day. They have a pizza stand that stayed open 24 hours, it was always a wait. They bake them fresh and it only takes six minutes to cook because they are so thin. Ok for a late night snack. The dining area for lunch had nice décor beach themed. As soon as you got up someone was cleaning the table for the next guess. We ever had a problem with seating. The buffet food was great. They had two lines for each buffet so the lines moved right along, the same with breakfast.

The comedy show was fun. The showtime shows were all good. A lot of set holders, but don’t ask just sit is the key. It sounds rude but it works. They didn’t have any drink specials only make it a double for 3 in some lounges. Six dollar beers and nine dollar frozen drinks can add up.

Value-for-Money

Well worth it, so far this is my top ship. Will cruise again Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 8430

Since this was a last minute cruise we choose the cheapest room. Walking down the wall to the room they had ocean printed wall paper and the door had a cool looking pin stripe. The room came with a 24in flat screen which you could use to order room service and check your balance on your sea card. We had a king convert mattress two twins pushed together. It took me a minute to figure out how to cut on the lights. You have to insert a card in a slot on the wall. We had plenty of closet space to unpack. It also came with two spa robes. A fully stocked mini bar we didn’t use it because of the 15% restock fee*. The bathroom had enough space and was clean. At night twice I could hear children running down the hall. I think this room is located underneath the stairs. Our host opened than knocked one night, we had the lights off and didn’t put the snoozing sign up.