Nautica Cruise Review by humlet: Never more ships 2000 or more passengers.

Nautica 5
humlet
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Never more ships 2000 or more passengers.

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Lisbon

(I´m Swedish. More of a 2*-man, than 5*) Cruising ranks low, when I plan holidays. Nevertheless I now and then cruise. Hithertho always with different lines (RCCL,HAL, Costa, NCL). Oceania was a step up. In many aspects.

From outside Nautica looks rather plain. Inside impressing. Beautiful public areas, cabins, and dining rooms. I was very surprised that on this little ship had more space for myself outside my cabin, than on any of the three to five times larger ships I have been on. You could always find place to sit wherever you wanted.

Now bit for bit:

1. Standard balcony cabin. Very, very attractive. I loved it. Really not large, but enough for us. Especially the bathroom gave limited space. But I prefer that than an even smaller cabin. The beds 110%. From hell to heaven compared to NCL, with their sweaty pillows. Free non-alcoholic in the fridge. The TV was an example of the opposite to HD. But that I count out. A tip: Try to get a cabin where you More move forward sitting in the sofa. Not for example our 6025.

2. Public areas gave astonishing space. Used to crowded rooms on other ships. Elegant everywhere.

3. Sundeck: Lots of extremly comfortable sunbeds. Always empty available. Pool very small. The 2 bubble-pools very popular.

4. Walking-track very short. But it was so wide, that you could even jogg, same time lots of walkers were there. Strange: All the much larger ships I cruised on, gave less opportunity for jogging.

5. Gym. Super.

6. Dining: The dishes always served hot. And tasty. Especially in Toscana. Our favorite. The only dissappointment was the steaks in Polo-grill. But perhaps americans like that kind of meat. Thick and absolutely non-tasting. Second to Toscana, we prefered the self-service Terrace-café. Nice to see what you put on your plate. Wines: The cheap ones were not cheap, neither good. The more expensive were ok, but far too expensive. And the offered packages were also very high-priced. Stay sober on Nautica. Or drink in yuor cabin. (Bottles allowed to bring aboard.)

7. Bars: drinks very expensive, and contained only ice and soft drinks. Perhaps a hint of alcoholic. I took one, and just laughed.

8. Evening-shows: Very high standard for such a small ship. And varied.

9. Day-lectures in the theatre: Don Campell talked around the history in ports to arrive. For me, and I believe for many others, this was the best hours on the cruise. I will never forget him. And his lectures.

10. Excursions. We took 5. That was exactly 5 too many. Guides, dull, duller, or even duller. We envy those smart people who went out on their own in every port.

11. Staff: On former cruises they have been very nice. Here they were fantactic.

As I began, I´m not a cruiser. But if I cruise again, it will be on a ship of this size. Worth every extra buck you pay. Less

Published 07/27/14

Read more Nautica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Nautica Review >>

Compare Prices on Nautica Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Cabin review: 6025

I loved the cabin. Perhaps a bit tiny, bur perfect for us. Comfortable sitting group. But try to gef a cabin where the sofa-sitters looks forward. Not here. Beds best I´ve had. Sea or land-hotel. TV far from HD.

humlet
Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X