Carnival Elation Cruise Review by ladner39571: July 17, 2014 - 4 day to Cozumel

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Eastern Caribbean Cruises

July 17, 2014 - 4 day to Cozumel

Sail Date: July 2014
Embarkation: Cozumel

So, we just got off or ship yesterday, with me and my husband and 4 kids.

*The embarkation process on the ship went very fast. We actually boarded earlier then we were supposed too.

*Once on the ship, the kids were amazed! They were so excited. Nothing had changed since the last time I was on the Elation. I hear they are dry docking it in September but not sure if they are going to make any major improvements.

*Lunch was being served as usual on the Lido Deck but to our surprise, Tiffany's buffet was open too. So, we ate at the buffet and walked the kids around the ship until our room was available.

* Went to our room and no luggage was there yet. Which is normal. Now we had 5 booked in our room and one other child in our relatives room next door. Which she still slept with us. (YES I PAID gratuities for her in our ROOM). So, six of us were in a room. Which was just fine. We did not over pack. For me and the 2 girls we had a sun dress for each day More and of course or dressy dresses for our Captain's Dinner. Of course the guys had the usual what they wear. The bunks were very comfortable for the kids and the trundle bed brought in fit great between our king bed and under the bunk on the back wall. The kids were happy. Then our 3 year old slept between me and my husband. So no romance happening at all. :(

* There were plenty of activities on the ship but i was there to relax and watch my kids have fun.

* The ship was very clean, outdated of course, and the workers on the boat just loved the kids. They really catered to them.

*In Cozumel, we decided to rent a Jeep.... I was so NERVOUS because I had heard many horrible stories of american's going over there and getting pulled over by their police for no real reasons. But we didn't see the first cop anywhere. We traveled around the island and took the advice of the guy who we rented from (WHICH I DIDN'T want to do because of all the comments on read on this forum) and went to PUNTA SUR Papita's Beach Club. Oh my gosh! What a joke! The beach was beautiful, but the restaurant, I wouldn't let my DOGS eat there. When I looked behind the bar, the was literally water an inch deep sitting on the floor back in the kitchen area. You could see piles, and piles of dirty nasty dishes piled up on the counters, with FLIES EVERYWHERE. I looked at my husband and said me and my kids WILL not eat here. Of course he said I was prude but I don't care! The beach was pretty here and private. They had nothing really for the kids to do. I wanted to go to paradise beach, but my hard headed husband said this guy said everything is included for $15 bucks. Well I wonder WHY! It was nasty. OH!!! and the parking... you go down this sandy road and they park you little in the woods, bushes, whatever you want to call it. Then you had to walk to the "Beach Resort" .... Then when we got ready to leave, they parked vehicles all behind and we couldn't get out! So, then we had to wait on them to round EVERYBODY up to come move vehicles. The Bathrooms were just horrible! No doors for privacy, the plumbing wasn't working, there was palm tree branches stuck down in the toilets and the sinks didn't work. I had to wash my hands at one of the outdoor showers. That was just a bad memory.

*The dining was good as usual. The kids that it was great getting to eat "adult food"

*The kids never went to the children's club. They were having to much fun in the pool and slide.

*Disembarkation went really fast and quick. We self disembarked and it started at 7:45 and were home in Pass Christian MS by 9:30.

Other than that, I will take my kids again. Hopefully they will upgrade the Elation to the latest fun ship, but who knows.

**Oh and the fun shop book is a waste of money! I wish someone would have warned me about that. I fell for it of course and didn't use one thing out of it.... AGH I was frustrated with myself. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation U220

U 220 was the last inside stateroom in the aft of the boat. It was quiet. You could here the engines from time to time, but I liked it. It helped me fall asleep. The room was clean and we had plenty of room for all 6 of us. This was my first time in an inside room, and I must say it wasn't that bad. I would stay in one again.

We were at the Pier where Senior Frogs is located. Forgive me for not knowing the exact port name, but I didn't like the layout of this area at all. We ported further north the last time and I liked that area a lot better. The layout of the shops were just really easy and I felt like I was on an island. This port we went was like being at an outlet mall. Quite boring I must say.

Read 3139 Cozumel Reviews