Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by smartdagger: What a disappointment

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

What a disappointment

Sail Date: July 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

My wife and I have only been on 2 cruises before this one. We were both so let down on this cruise I will never give RCI another chance. The ship was clean and well maintained but there was nothing to do but drink or gamble. The smoke smell coming out of the casino covered the entire promenade. So, we made an effort to avoid the Promenade as much as possible. There was a rock wall that was never opened or the flowrider that was either closed (with the instructors using it) or crowded.

All of the shows were crowded and some of them didn't start until after 10 PM, We wanted to see the Ice skating show but the line to get tickets was so long that we didn't wait. That was not the line to get into the show, that was the line to get a ticket for the show later in the week. I do have to say that the Elton John impersonator was good but I'm not a fan of Elton John. The other ships I've cruised with had movie theaters showing multiple movies a day and on deck evening movies. This More ships theater was for shows, not movies and the shows were mainly sales pitches for the spa, stores or excursions. The on deck movies were the same 3 movies shown multiple times. Even the TV in the room was almost all Spanish speaking channels. The two movie channels were out of Brazil. Even the ESPN was not out of America.

The room was nice and our attendant was very helpful, but the rest of the service on the ship was dreadful. Waiters who would just walk by (they were more interested in cleaning away dirty dishes than getting refills). And the food was mediocre at best. I have to say they had the worst pizza I have ever eaten. I would have taken a frozen pizza over what they were serving.

My wife and I had the $85 manicure and pedicure special. During the treatment we were bombarded with how we don't take care of our skin and we need to buy their cleansers and moisturizers. I was even told that I was looking old. Also, the two workers were bad mouthing each other to my wife and I. We could tell they did not get along. Then when we received the bill they charged my wife with a totally different charge than me. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>