Eurodam Cruise Review by keiter: First impressions with Holland American Line

First impressions with Holland American Line

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Copenhagen

As a non-committed cruise ship holiday maker, I was apprehensive when my partner booked a 12 day Baltic cruise on the ms Eurodam.

Joining the ship in Copenhagen, having flown out from Gatwick a couple of days beforehand, we embarked on the ship without any hassle.

Our balcony room was spotless, large and comfortable. The toilet/shower/bathroom was fully supplied with quality toiletries and numerous towels.

Throughout the cruise, we visited the various restaurants both for breakfast, (lunch) and evening meals. The variety of meals was extensive and of a high standard, although by upgrading to the deluxe restaurants the food and standard of service was somewhat better.

There are numerous on-board activities although we only attended the main 10.00pm shows in the main theatre. The overall standard of the shows was somewhat disappointing, In fact, one evening during the “comedy” act we actually walked out of the auditorium.

The one More highlight of the theatre entertainment was the BB King Blues Club who were allowed on the main stage for one evening. On other evenings the act was relegated to the smaller Queen’s Lounge. Both the musicians and “diva” were excellent. I found one irritation, with all the theatre shows, the constant talking by numerous members of the audience throughout the programme. I assume many of the guests are not regular theatre goers.

The excursions were expensive (as always) but in many cases well worth the expense particularly when visiting a city/country for the first time, such as St Petersburg. We booked 2 different full day excursions for this city and in both cases the Russian guides were excellent not only giving us extensive information about the history of the country but facts of living in 21st century Russia.

Overall, I can recommend the Eurodam, to both cruise enthusiasts and the more apprehensive holiday maker.

I don’t think you will be disappointed. Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>