Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by CARENFELDMAN: Good overall with some bumps

Member Since 2014
0 Forum Posts

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Mediterranean Cruises

Good overall with some bumps

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

AN ENOYABLE CRUISE BUT some small issues

NCL Epic overall was a a good experience. I am first time cruiser so don't have anything to compare it with. I thought the cabins were nice and well appointed. The balcony had a cigarette butt on it from the previous occupants that was never picked up but the actual cabin was clean. I am 5 ft 3 and my mom is 5,5 so the beds were comfortable but I can imagine if you are tall that the beds would be tiny. My daughter has a peanut allergy and the staff was amazing with this. I thought the food was fair. The ship was very crowded and the pools were crazy small. I felt a little nickle and dimed but overall loved walking away from eating and not having to pay. Excursions and cities were interesting but I arranged private tours for the most part. I thought the entertainment was only fair and was somewhat disappointed. My daughter liked the water slides. On the whole they were polite and some were exceptional.

Overall I did enjoy the More cruise but had some issues.Loved having a balcony and would recommend. Would also recommend doing private tours as opposed to shore excursions. Highlight for me was my tour with Sasha Blanco who took me to both Pompei and Capri all in 1 day- very doable and highly recommend. Also, loved Freya's private tour in Florence. Did Jews for Rome of the Vatican I thought it was interesting but not the best suited for a 12 year old. Less

Published 07/27/14