Viking Odin Cruise Review by gailgrw1: Paris to Prague Cities of Light Tour

Paris to Prague Cities of Light Tour

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Paris

We just returned from a wonderful Viking Cruise line vacation.

We have cruised before to Alaska. The hotel in Paris was perfect and very accommodating to Americans. We spent 2 days in Paris and loved it. Viking set up a bus tour of important parts of the city and then allowed for free time. The hotel staff offered possibilities of restaurants to visit as well as how to get around the city. My tip for Paris is to plan well in advance to purchase tickets on the internet to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower before you get there. The tour for the Eiffel tower was sold out when we got there. You can purchase tickets at the hotel’s concierge desk for many of the other attractions in Paris, which will save you waiting in line when you get to your destination.

We took a bus ride to Trier, Germany, which was beautiful and informative. Viking provides a tour guide for every aspect of your trip. In Trier, we boarded the long ship. Everything was organized and thought out. More Our room was wonderful. Viking really spends time planning and it is evident from the time you board the long ship until the end of the trip.

The on board activities were very nice and if you do not feel like attending the meetings/entertainment you can listen/view it on your TV in your room, which is very convenient for the nightly meetings regarding the next day’s activities. The service and all of the staff are top notch in every category. We were treated in such a friendly manner that we felt like we had known many of the staff on the long ship for years.

The food was great. I am a picky eater and there was always something somewhere for me to eat. I suggest purchasing the Silver Spirits package if you can because it was worth it for my husband and me.

The shore excursions were great. I felt like Viking really spends a lot of time picking their tour guides and training them. We participated in every excursion. They were all very, very organized. I felt like I did not miss anything because of the tour guides attention to detail.

The only negative is the lack of a powerful hair dryer in Paris, on the long boat, and in Prague. If you have very long hair that needs to be styled, bring your own hair dryer. This sounds crazy but it was my only problem on this cruise tour.

Prague was a fabulous city. Again the hotel staff went out of their way to direct us to great restaurants and attractions. Viking also has dedicated desks/tables set up in the hotels to specifically help if needed. This vacation was everything and more than I expected. Viking is organized and very ready to make your vacation special. I believe their commercials are reality. When sitting on the sun deck it is overwhelming how beautiful the German countryside is. Less

Read more Viking Odin cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Odin Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Odin 312

Large Stateroom, very quiet. Excellent view from our private balcony.