Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by claudep: THE NEW Sunshine???

claudep
Member Since 2014

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Western Caribbean Cruises

THE NEW Sunshine???

Sail Date: July 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I hardly think that this ship should be advertised as NEW! However you could tell that a lot of remodling had been done to clubs and restuarants. The guys cleaning the rooms never even called us by name but maybe once the whole trip.

Food:

The sushi place was good and affordable since you had to pay for it. The Itialian place was better than the dinning room food. Didn't really care for the Asain place but guys burgers were always good. Ice Cream machines were working some days and some days not. Dinning room food was hit or miss and you had to always wait to be seated and sometime dinner took near 2 hours and with a seven year old I was ready to just get up and leave some nights. The lobster was good, shrimp were not. They were greasy and to much batter. Servers were nice and friendly most nights. However we only had the same waiter twice.

The chemist bar was the best bar and made the best drinks. It was like watching an artist. Casino was in a weird spot More and you had to walk through it a lot of the times to get to where ever else you may be going. My child wanted to play those games.. lol

The pool is way to small for this ship which I always find crazy. But the new addition with the water slides was a big hit. We found oursleves trying to snag a seat up by them so you could at least go get wet when you wanted to. The adult pool area was nice but someone threw up in it so it was closed 2 different times and one time the water was real cloudy and just didn't look like it should.

Bars:

Piano bar was fun and the little Dutch girl playing was funny and entertaining. The Liquid Lounge where the shows were was nice and good size. The Marcus Monroe show was great we watched both shows. The other shows were just all right. The talent was great but the choice of music was kind of strange.

All the bars have been re done and are nice. The lime light lounge was so small and crowded and unless you got there early forget it you were not getting a seat.

Ports, Costa Maya was like lets make a deal it was almost so over whelming and some what nasty. Should have did a shore excursion there to get away from the town.

Cozumel we swam with the dolphins whitch was worth the money. It was a great expierence.

Mohagany Bay was the best beach stop and the skylift is a must!

Over all I think I am ready to try another brand. Carnival is good for the money but the food seems to dissapoint more times than not. And I am not into buffet food so I would like the sit down dinner to be good. If Red lobster can make it good I would think the Carnival could make it better. Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>