Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by old york: Travelling in style on a liner

old york
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Transatlantic Cruises

Travelling in style on a liner

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)

This was my second crossing on the Queen Mary, having previously crossed a number of years ago to Fort Lauderdale. Transfer from my hotel (the Waldorf) to the ship was perfect. I had expected long details in checking in but was soon installed in my PG stateroom prior to going for Lunch. I had been slightly concerned that being Brooklyn I would not be able to see lady liberty, but by booking a right sided room this was not a problem. Sailaway was one massive party and fully justified the decision to go West to East.

Most meals were taken in the PG and were excellent and delivered to a high standard, We also tried the Todd English with friends who were on their honey moon. The whole crossing was a pleasure from start to end.

There were though some minor giggles, although the entertainment was generally good we suffered an ventriloquist, whose act was purely American and who non of us could relate to. It was also noticed that the interactive TV had been replaced by a More normal version. The drinks package is weird as draught pepsi is allowed but canned is not. Also the change in dress standards was confusing as I feel it would have been better to ask men to wear a tie rather than a Jacket. The dress code also applies on the first and last night making packing interesting.

Would I go again on the Queen Mary? - Yes Certainly and am now a convert to the Grill class Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Princess Suite Deck 10 10119

make sure you get the right hand side for views of Lady Liberty etc.