Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Dvdc: Bad service, poor organization

Bad service, poor organization

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

My family and myself cruised this past week the Mediterranean, we loved the cruise's schedule and destinations!!

The ship itself has got a different layout to other cruises out there, it gives the impression that the main focus of their layout is to have a lot of people on board, so a lot of cabins seemed to be tightly fitted into the ship. There are not so many common areas or alternative activities available at all times, resulting in HUGE crowds and lines everywhere you go. I believe the crew is not equipped or prepared efficiently to handle big crowds and they looked constantly overwhelmed.

We ate mainly in their "Speciality Restaurants" which I have to say were all really nice and the food met our every expectation. If only the service would've been up to a "Speciality Restaurant" standard.. We met with several waiters/bartenders during our stay and it is safe to say that most of them had a terrible attitude and disposition.

I have to say I was More pleasantly surprised by Norwegian's welcoming back on board, always meeting us with cool water/juice and wet towels.. but again, another nice detail ruined by an unhappy crew with terrible attitude and unfriendly disposition.

Norwegian Cruise Line has got almost everything to be a great line, but unfortunately a bad service does make a big difference.. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 14092

Very bad stateroom. The layout of the room is slightly different, the bed is the first thing you see rather than the couch, so every time we had room service they had manoeuvre past the bed with the tray to set it on the counter. Not enough storage space for clothes no drawers just a rack to hang shirts, etc. This was removed from the original layout because this room has a connecting door to the next cabin. Nice balcony with two chairs and excellent view, it would've been nice to have a table to be able to enjoy our breakfast outside. Not much walking space, my husband and I were constantly battling to move around the cabin.The speaker for announcements was broken so you had to open the door if you wanted to hear something. The door wouldn't lock properly. The room is not easily accessible, really far away from lifts or staircases.