Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Parky6: Fantastic Time by ALL !!! WOW

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

Fantastic Time by ALL !!! WOW

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Just returned from a 5 day cruise to Bermuda with my 3 boys , 26,23 nephew 25 and my wife.  All the boys it was their first ever cruise....THEY LOVED IT. My wife and I have been on 7 other RCI cruises.

The Service was great, food at all venues good as always. Our server in the MDR, Columbus ,table 656 ANIL was hilarious and worked very hard. We had My Time Dining,at 7:45 pm reserved every night. Tamara the hostess for the dining room assured us we would have this same table every night and had us seated promptly every night. Having a later dinner allowed our boys to enjoy the UP dink package every day. While we missed some shows, we all had a great time and service was phenomenal.

Every dinner was high quality., always hot, seasoned and cooked perfectly. I have read several reviews where people complained about the food.....If you are going DON'T BELIEVE THEM!!!! The food is plentiful and VERY GOOD. IF you want more simply ask. Our server surprised the table More every night with "extra" appetizers or entree's no one at our table ordered , just to taste the many different selections available.

Our Group met many different people on the cruise, and enjoyed the pool bar everyday. If you go, the Bartenders all work hard, throw them an extra tip, they deserve it. I found CLIVE ENGLAND the happiest working bartender at the pool. Our boys assembled a few friends for a impromptu picture on last day by the pool. About 50 people in the picture and CLIVE, joined us while another RCI employee took the picture.

I HIGHLY RECOMMNEDED selecting a drink package. You prepay, get any drink you want, and no bill at end of cruise/ Don't believe other reviews I never waited more than 5 minutes for a drink, even on the bon voyage party on the pool deck.

Entertainment: So many good times, ;laughed for 5 days..Cried when we had to leave the ship. Make your own fun, but every promenade event was great and gave us a chance to get together with fellow cruiser our group met with and then go onto to other entertainment's, The Quest, Karaoke, Pool Deck Night Party

Had a Balcony, room service coffee, pastries every day, wife loved it. Then Breakfast at the Windjammer, ALL FOOD HOT, and TASTY, Omelets, Eggs cooked to order, Pancakes Waffles etc.... all fresh. So many people the food always turned over. But wait was not long. Again I don't what some these other people expectations was BUT our was enjoyable, with any type of food available, to many to possibly mention them all.

The only change I did notice from previous cruises. In the past , if you were by the pool, you wouldn't need go to bar or look for a drink server, they would be asking you...There were definitely less servers asking if you needed a drink. In my opinion, probably because of the optional Drink Package, where you choose the drink package and pay one price per day. But, never had to go far or wait for drink.

I highly recommend the Premium package ....As an example of just some brand names available VODKA Grey Goose, Kettle One, SCOTCH Glen Livet, JW Black or Red, ,RUM Capt Morgan , Bacardi, all frozen drinks, no limits as many as you want. You don't get the drinks in the souvenir glass, BUT if you want that stuff they can add it to your bill.

If you haven't cruised, GO, have a good time, talk to people you don't know while on board....Our group did and you will make friends and enjoy your vacation. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas 8594

Port Side, Although in Bermuda, our balcony faced the ocean side and houses rather than the dockside. Very nice, di not have to view the workers painting ship. Cabin Steward worked his tail off.Clean every day, never interrupted us, always cleaned when we left room.