Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by jacsdan: Daniels Together

Daniels Together

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

This was a true family cruise with my adult children and teenage grandchildren. We are familiar with RCCL and this cruise lived up to all expectations. Had 2 adjoining Junior Suites and opening the balcony partition allowed us to move back and forth with ease. I roomed with my 16 yo. granddaughter and 14 yo grandson. The walk in closet gave us an additional dressing area.

The dining room staff was excellent and went out of their way to provide any requests. We did find lunch service in the dining room slow but I do not care for buffets.

The embarkation and debarcation was very easy as most of the other people got on and off in Barcelona. All but 1 of our shore excursions were booked through RCCL before we sailed as private excursions. Though more expensive than the large groups from the ship, we got personal attention and the tours were planned according to our wishes.

As Diamond+ Crown & Anchor member I felt this cruise was as good as they get and plan More my next one in March 2015. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 9572

Cabin was spacious with wonderful walk in closet. Grandson slept on sofa which he said was good. Do wish there was a real refrigerator as I had pre ordered a case of bottled water. Our cabin attendant did keep it iced down in a wine bucket.

Gothic Quarter Walking Tour

(2)

This was part of a private tour booked through RCCL prior to sailing.
Did not get off of van but drove through area.

La Sagrada Familia

(1)

Very disappointed with this portion of tour. I had specified this be on the tour when I booked it as a private tour. We only drove with 2 blocks of Sagrada Famila and really could not see it.VERY DISAPPOINTING as I had paid $3200. 00 for 8 persons on this tour.

Montserrat Walking Tour

This portion of our private tour was excellent.

Accademia Museum

(5)

Excellent. Guide was very knowledgeable.

Duomo Walking Tour

(4)

Was very good in spite of weather.

Florence Walking Tour

(5)

Excellent guide. Was great with only a group of 8.

Piazza Della Signoria

(5)

Part of the agenda on our tour that I requested. Excellent!!

Ponte Vecchio

(4)

The negative to this was docking in La Spexia rather thanLivorno. TOO much time spent getting to Florence and not getting to visit the Tower of Pisa.

Santa Croce

(5)

Wonderful guide. Unfortunately the Plaza was closed and some of the local flavor was missing.

Statue of David

(5)

Excellent tour guide. Private tour with family of 8.

Only port with tour. Just wanted an easy day. Did dothe Hop oh Hop off bus. Opted to get cab into town rather than boat shuttle. Difficult getting cab back to ship.
Prefer docking in Toulon.

Capri Walking Tour

(5)

This was the only large group tour but our guide was excellent. Gave me no grief when I sat out Pompeii as I had been there 3 times previously.

Pompeii Walking Tour

Part of Capri, and Sorrento excursion

Sorrento

(1)

Part of Capri, Sorrento, Pompei excursion

Monaco Walking Tour

Part of private tour arranged through ship. Great experience, though very pricey.

Montecarlo Walking Tour

(4)

Booked private tour for family of 8. Best decision!!! Our guide was excellent . After tendering in we went first to Monaco for changing of guard. Visited Cathedral, had lunch sand walked the gardens before going to Monte Carlo.