Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by CTMCM: Very Pleasureable Trip

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Southern Caribbean Cruises

Very Pleasureable Trip

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Our first cruise on the Carnival Breeze but our fourth cruise overall. We had cruised on the Carnival Magic last year and enjoyed the design so much we wanted to see if the Breeze was as well designed. We were not disappointed.

Our cabin, #7317, lay on the starboard side midships and really just became a place to change clothes and sleep at night. There was so much to do during the days at sea (we had 3 seadays on this voyage) and the excursions kept us busy while in port.

The ship was kept very clean and, I admit, the crew seemed too happy (if that's possible). The seaday brunches were very good and the many selections for lunch kept our group busy trying all of them. The Indian buffet's best two dishes were the fish curry and the spicy beef. We pretty much split evenly on which was the better of the two.

The Mongolian Wok was also good as was the Fat Jimmy's BBQ. We had heard so much about Guy Fieri's Burgers but I was a bit disappointed. I expected better More cooked beef than what I was given. But our favorite, hands down, was the Pirate's Pizza! Exceptional!

The main dining facilities were clean and the wait staff performed fairly well all evenings. The food was good - not great. We did try the Bonsai Sushi one time for lunch and the food was very good. The Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse was over the top great even though it is located aft and the seas were fairly rough that evening (several people had to leave because of the rocking). And, of course, we tried the Cucina del Capitano for our dose of really great chicken parmigiana. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 7317

Roomy and very quiet. Our steward was very conscientious about our needs and provided us with extra ice (to fill our icebag - DW had a broken leg and, no, she did not break it on the Breeze!). When we first arrived, our safe was locked in the OPEN position so we couldn't put our valuables safely away. A call to our steward resulted in an almost immediate visit and the safe was opened quickly by the supervisor.This is a nicely sized suite that enabled us to have our family of five (all adults) gather comfortably for an afternoon of champagne and canapes. We both had a bit of a problem getting into the shower because of the large step you have to take to clear the edge of the tub/shower. I would have liked to see it about 4 inches shorter (I am getting a bit old, you know.)DW and I were sitting on the balcony when the door connecting to the forward section suddenly blew open. Our neighbor was sitting on his balcony and was just as surprised as I was. We called and a maintenance man arrived within 10 minutes to re-lock the door. At least our neighbor and I got to know each other a bit better because of this. The real concern I had was when the door blew open, it slammed fairly hard into the chair in which my wife was sitting. If it had hit her, it would have hurt her pretty bad. From that point on, we moved our chairs a bit further away from the door.