MSC Opera Cruise Review by lesapp: GREAT CRUISE - DOESN'T DESERVE THE BAD REVIEWS

lesapp
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on MSC Opera Spain Cruises

GREAT CRUISE - DOESN'T DESERVE THE BAD REVIEWS

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Spain
Embarkation: Southampton

We have just returned from the above cruise and was so glad that i didn't cancel my cruise based on the reviews I had read on various sites.

We have had over 10 cruises with Celebrity, Royal Carribean and NCL, we had chosen the MSC cruise as we were going with 25 family members for a special anniversary and needed a cruise which didn't involve long flights and that was reasonably priced for everyone.

After I had booked the cruise I started to read some reviews and was extremely worried prior to leaving. All I can say is I was pleasantly surprised!

I found all the staff to be helpful and pleasant, the ship was lovely and very clean, the itineary was great with interesting stops. Yes NCL and RCL had more things to do onboard that would appeal to kids such as ice skating and wave rider etc but my kids were never bored (there were 7 kids in our group aged 2-13).

For the very reasonable price we paid we were delighted, we had a family cabin which was More superb! The food in the dinning room was lovely and I never once had a cold meal that some reviews suggest.

Yes it can be a bit annoying that everything is repeated in a few languages but when you choose a European cruise company you have to expect this! We found the shows great fun and the animation team went out of their way to ensure everyone had fun.

On our last morning we had breakfast in the dinning room and were seated at a table with two other English couples and I can honestly say they complained constantly about the cruise - most of the complaints they had were unbelievable such immigration queues (hardly the fault of MSC) and one lady complained bitterly that she went ashore and when she came back she couldn't use her balcony straight away as the staff had washed it and it was still wet???? I would imagine she would be complaining if it hadn't been cleaned also!

While onboard we had a "renewal of wedding vows" as a surprise for my parents who were celebrating their 50th anniversary, the wedding co-ordinator Sean was amazing and the attention to detail was fabulous. I would throughly recommend this. The staff made such a effort to ensure we had a fabulous day and my parents were delighted.

We had a great cruise, and well worth the money we paid so don't pay too much attention to the poor reviews and give them a try! I will definitely be cruising again with MSC in the near future. Less

Read more MSC Opera cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Opera Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Opera 9003

great family cabin with two rooms, two windows, one double bed, one bunk bed and one double sofa bed which easily sleeps two.