Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Benjudas: Great cruise

Great cruise

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Travelled with my 7 year old daughter. We stayed in a family balcony on deck 13.

Cabin was decent sized for the two of us. It was on the end of a hub in the middle of the ship so the balcony was huge. Room steward was friendly,

Embarkation was fast, we were in group 4.

When I decided to go on a cruice for our holiday it was my daughter that decided wich ship we should go on. I showed her pictures on the internet of a bunch of cruice ships from alot of different cruice companys, Wichever ship she chose we would go on no matter where in the world it was sailing.

Fun process and she chose the Epic because of the cool looking waterslides on the top.

The ship was the holiday. I used to work on ships before so have been to all the ports many times before. We never went ashore.

I had the ultimate beverage package and my daughter the soda package and it payed off. My bar tab was about 150 - 200 dollars pr day. I start with a Bloody Mary at More 8 am and finish with a Becks Beer at 2 am in the casino and loads of different drinks in between. I dont get drunk, the drinks were fairly weak and I am a big man with a high tolerance for alcohol. Bar staff was great, they started calling me by my first name early on in the cruice. I never waited long and the pool bar waiters were never far away.

Pool deck :

Great fun. We used all the facilites. Epic bungee,, rock wall, climbing maze, video arcade, slides, pools and hot tubs. On the sea day it was cold and rainy so not much people outside. All other days most of the passengers were ashore so it was plenty of space and almost no lines for the slides. No problem getting a sun chair. Around 4 - 5 pm it started getting crowded but by then we had already spent the whole day there so time to get ready for dinner and show.

Restaurants:

Good food everywhere. We tried Manhattans, Taste, Moderno, Teppanayaki, Cirque, Shanghai and room service.

Entertainment:

My daughter loved almost everything. We did a show every night.

Blue man group twice, she still talks about it. I tought they were cool too but once would have been enough for me.

Legends twice, Shakira was her favourite and she loves Shakira so much we had to do that one twice too, Once really would have been enough for me but ok.

Graffiti was fun.

Soul show was boring, Aussie boys was ok.

Box office staff was great!

Casino:

I like to gamble so spent 2 - 3 hours there every night. Daughter was in bed at around 11 pm so then it was casino time.

It was never crowded, probably because I was always there late. Friendly dealers. I play blackjack 15 or 25 dollar minimum and we were never more than 3 at the same table. Alot of the time I played alone wich is what I prefer. I saw the 6 dollar tables were mostly full all the time. Smoking allowed on the sides, it doesnt bother me but I am sure it does bother other passengers.

Lost the first few days and won almost everything back last night. They closed the casino 2 am last night before were back in Barcelona, we arrived early in Barcelona so they werent allowed to remain open. Ok by me, I was up and it was time to sleep anyways.

Disembarkation was fast, we took our luggage self and just walked off, no lines. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>