Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by HuskerinAZ: Horrible cruise

1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

Horrible cruise

Sail Date: July 2014

Pro's--Dinning room staff, embarkation, International Café, and entertainment (with the exception of one night...entertainment did not show up one of the evenings and the staff had to do an impromptu show of crew members hidden talents...TERRIBLE!

Con's-Staff was rude and seemed angry to be on the ship working, food in the dinning room was cold, bland, and thankfully small portions. The buffet was one step above but food quality declined though the week.

Our stateroom was dirty. I had a balcony that was rusted, peeling paint, and the glass had never been cleaned. Upon out arrival I found garbage under the bed (water bottle and soda cans) Our toilet remained broken a day and a half, never got fixed after reporting a problem and it was a smelly mess!!! Our steward for got my name and called my wife different names.

The drinks were very overpriced (two drinks cost $24.00 with the tip and tax added) The staff hounded us to buy things the entire time and More all pictures taken were washed out and had an orange color! Also on their private island I was not able to use my unlimited drink card...It's their product from the ship brought over to the island!!!!! Also coming back we waited with...and I kid you not 800+ people in the sun to get tendered back to the ship! Talk about being dehydrated and sunburned and the ship did not supply water to elderly people waiting in line.

I really wanted to love this ship and cruise line! I really did! The elevators were broken daily and getting around on the choppy layout of this ship (some elevators only went to certain levels) made for a constant challenge to get around with 3000+ other people. I've taken Mexican Rivera cruises on Carnival that were a dream compared to this ship! Less

Published 07/22/14

1 Forum Post
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X