Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by sspclarke

Member Name: sspclarke
Cruise Date: July 2014
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Western Mediterranean

Epic Fail - Never Board from Rome!!

Firstly I would like to point out, if you see my other reviews they are all positive and indeed all of my Trip Advisor reviews are the same, therefore for me to be annoyed it is pretty poor.

Joining this cruise ship in Rome is a no no... Unless like it us it was the only option for the dates we had.

If you join in Rome you have issues with regards to Casino Tournaments, the ships venues close in Barcelona to suit the main joining guests (small niggle), etc etc.

Our Room was 9295 - Aft Balcony Cabin which we paid over £300 extra each to have, whilst it was nice to be at the back of the ship for the romantic views etc, the room shakes like crazy and it is VERY SMALL. I could have paid £200 less each and got a larger balcony and would have been much happier, however didn't quite realise how small these rooms are!! I am 6ft 6" and my wife is over 6ft also, it was a faff to get around each other and the toilet was very cramped. Worst bit was the bed, my feet dangled over the bed by over 1ft!! Often woke with a bad back, which i don't normally get at home or on any other ship we have sailed on.

We had to clean the room ourselves on the first day, there was blood and toothpaste in the bathroom cabinet and we left a polite note for the attendant, he changed the glasses but didn't clean it. POOR!!

Went to the casino and felt the staff on the whole were pretty unfriendly and I spend a lot of money in the casino. One incident annoyed me and when i mentioned it to the casino manager she laughed!!!! We went to the desk so we could register our card for the machines and the woman was lovely and asked when my birthday was, when i told her it was Today, she went to make a call (assuming to do something nice for me) her boss scowled at her and asked her to get on with her job!!! SOO RUDE!

In the main dining room we asked to sit with other people, however given a table on our own... on route the host took us to the table he thought was ours and mentioned to the area manager that the table was ready. She again scowled at him, telling him he was useless in front of us, leaving us stood there like melons!! BAD SERVICE!

Staff on the whole barged pass you without apology...

Comedy Club - NO COMEDY!!!

Spiegel Tent - Fantastic - Food (Same as main dining room without the choice as is a set menu) however worth going to.

Blue man Group - FANTASTIC!!

Watching the world cup finals on the main screen in the Atrium was fantastic and a great experience.

We booked transfers to and from the ship and when we received the notification to say we are the first off the ship and our flight isn't until 5.15pm not overly pleased, especially as we weren't informed (when we spoke to the desk, they just shrugged their shoulders). No Excursion/transfers available... 7 hours in the airport was lovely... Thanks NCL!!

Publication Date: 07/22/14