“Worth every penny!”
Cruise review of Disney Wonder

mcrspencer Disney Wonder 5 Worth every penny!
mcrspencer
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating

This was our first ever cruise. My husband, myself and my 6 year old daughter loved it, every aspect. Disney does a great job on every aspect.

Upon embarkation, we had some issues and about 6-8 Disney Cruise staff came by and were assisting us with our issue. The staff were amazing.

Although this is the oldest ship in Disney's fleet, it was impeccably clean and well maintained. The only way the 'age' of the ship showed was with the measly 2 outlets available to charge our many devices.

The food was great, the service was wonderful, the rooms were larger than I thought they'd be. I was surprised with how much storage it had: we were able to unpack all 3 of our suitcases and the closet had over a dozen hangers, which was great. The staff throughout the ship go above and beyond to please you and they are all great. The shows were really entertaining, both for the kids and adults. Don't miss the Hypnotist show (adult and kid versions) and don't miss 'Disney Dreams'... great show!!

For adults, make sure you go to Palo's adult dining. The meal is $25/person but it was the best meal we ever had... easily a $100/person meal at a fancy restaurant...

The princesses and Disney characters are often walking all over the ship... if you want to make sure to get pictures with all the princesses, you can certainly show up at the designated time in the lobby but you'll be waiting over an hour... we waited till the last day and waited a mere 20minutes to meet 5 princesses as everyone had already taken pictures with them earlier in the week.

Bring a wood picture frame or pillowcase onboard and drop it off at guest services. They will get all the princesses/Disney characters to sign them and give them back to you at the end of the cruise... least expensive but best souvenir you could ask for...

Getting off and on the ship took mere minutes, it was great. The ports were ok but the 'usual touristy-type town' with 25+ jewellery stores and made-in-china gift shops. Bring layers for the Tracy Fjords day of your trip, as it was really cold on deck... everyone had jackets/mittens and hats...

I'd do a Disney cruise again in a heartbeat!

Disney Wonder Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

2639
Great room, roomier than we thought it would be. Tons of storage for your clothes. I would choose however a stateroom closer to the middle of the ship, as we were in the aft section and you could feel the engines much more, especially in the early mornings when you arrived at ports.

Port

It was raining, so we just walked around town for a bit (tons of jewellery stores and souvenir shops) and we took the tramway up the mountain... very expensive: $80 for 2 adults and a child. We saw a bald eagle at the information center up top but otherwise I'd say it wasn't worth the cost.

Read 1,108 Juneau Reviews
Port

This was the prettiest of all 3 ports we visited and had more 'authentic' craft and art shops than the other 2. The Lumberjack show was entertaining, great for kids and adults alike. It was relatively cheap and worth it.

Read 1,242 Ketchikan Reviews
Port

Cute little town. We didn't do excursions, just walked around. A lot of jewellery stores and souvenir shops. We ended up being back on the ship within 2 hours

Read 831 Skagway Reviews
Published 07/22/14
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Wonder Review
Disney Wonder Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?