Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by msupovitz: Best Cruise I've Been On!

Celebrity Equinox 5
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Best Cruise I've Been On!

Sail Date: May 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Went on this ship in late May 2012 as a graduation present from my grandfather. Luckily he was able to go on this trip with me a year before he suddenly passed away.

We booked a hotel in Rome through Celebrity before the cruise and were able to experience a pre-cruise Vatican excursion and received transportation from the hotel to the ship.

When we got to the ship the check-in process was very quick and easy.

The room which was a veranda, was very spacious as cruise cabins go, and the bed was quite comfortable. This was the first time I experienced a balcony cabin and I was not at all disappointed.

The staff including our wait staff and our room attendants were extremely nice and welcoming taking care of our every needs and going above and beyond in their service.

Plenty of options for food for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the quality of the food was exceptional.

Plenty of activities and great entertainment to do. The pool in More the solarium was a great compliment and the back of the ship had a grass field that was well kept. On the grass field their was a putting green, bocce, and corn hole and even a glass blowing experience where you can see the art form of glass making.

The shows at night were fantastic with shows that had music, magic, comedy and broadway shows.

Embarking from Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy our port of calls were Santorini, Greece, Istanbul and Kushadasi, Turkey, Athens and Mykonos, Greece and Naples, Italy. The excursions were exceptional at our port of calls with plenty of sights to see and plenty of choices to choose from.

I feel Celebrity is better for couples and older individuals while Royal Caribbean is better for the younger crowd and families. That being said Celebrity has a higher service quality even though they're the same company.

Would go definitely back on this ship and itinerary. Less

Published 07/22/14

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X