Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Dogsstayedhome: Carnival Cruise #7!

Dogsstayedhome
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Cruise #7!

Sail Date: July 2014

We drove to Miami and overnight end in Orlando both ways so we could do Harry Potter on the way home. When we arrived at the port there were more people in line then I expected b/c we arrived around 2 pm. But the line moved very quickly, our stateroom was ready, and we went to lunch.

The Conquest is in great condition, clean and the crew (Putra-room steward and Monet dining room team Ida, Borko &Joseph) were all fantastic. Yes you now have to request your ice bucket. But you can also ask to find out what day they are going to cover a deck in towel animals, really cool!

We sailed to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk.

This year we did all our own shore sightseeing except for the Ultimate Snorkeling in Grand Turk which was great!

Didn't disembark at Half Moon this time, we had the whole pool onboard to ourselves.

St. Thomas was our third visit but we've always gone to St. John before so this time we went to Magen's Bay and More then got dropped off to shop downtown.

Magen's Bay did get crowded, the Breakaway and Allure were also there that day, but we walked down the beach a bit and there was plenty of room. Very good shopping downtown.

San Juan very easy to walk around, liked the forts, views were beautiful, so hot-just wanted to jump in the water from the fort walls! :)

I've read where people said there weren't enough shows but between those and the movies in the seaside theatre we had something to do every night. Some very good new movies on offer. I was very surprised by how many loungers were available during the day-whole rows sometimes. The food in the main dining room very good, I especially love the almond sponge cake with chocolate and raspberry. I wish I could get a whole one for myself!

Very surprised by how few people dressed up for formal nights, last summer on the Breeze people seemed to go all out. We were in an ocean view, Riviera. I'd love to do a balcony but we're non smokers so I don't know how that would be. Also my daughter prefers as little ship motion as possible although she's never been seasick and this was her fifth cruise.

This was my seventh cruise with Carnival, and I am loyal, never had a problem.

The only reason I'd ever sail on another line would be if a Carnival wasn't sailing anywhere I wanted to go. Everything I hear or read about complaint wise I hear about on the other lines just the same.

You just need to have a good attitude on vacation I think. We had a great time! Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>