Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by cruiser9320: Adriatic Explorer - Great Cruise on the majesty

cruiser9320
Member Since 2014

Adriatic Explorer - Great Cruise on the majesty

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Corfu

My mum and dad booked the cruise as my 21st birthday present. After reading some negative reviews before our cruise, I was slightly apprehensive. From beginning to end our cruise was brilliant.

We did not arrive at the ship until 22:30 however check in was speedy, we arrived at our cabin 907 and we were surprised to find that our junior suite had a balcony, which was a great surprise. at 22:45 we had the safety drill and set sail.

Our cabin was a good size, and spotlessly clean. Although a suite it wasn't overly big, there was just enough room for three of us. I think the room would of been bigger without all the furniture, such as a large glass table, two huge lamps, and vases of flowers. We cannot give enough praise to our housekeepers Anthony and Rocky, nothing was ever too much trouble, they are both a credit to Thomsons. There is a safe in the room and a minibar which are both available for an extra charge. The furniture on the balcony consisted a two chairs and More a table, however it would of been great to have a sun lounger.

The cleanliness of the ship cannot be faulted, hand sanitiser was available all over the ship and at meal times staff stood at the restaurant entrances to ensure that every passengers hand were sanitised.

The food on the ship was lovely, at evenings we ate at the Seven Seas restaurant and for breakfast we ate at cafe royale. The buffet restaurant was also tasty with plenty of selection however we preferred the waiter service for our meals at night. Our waiter Amro was very attentive and catered to my dads gluten free diet ensuring that dad was given gluten free bread for breakfast and dinner. Dad was also given the next days menu so he could pick what he wanted and a gluten free option would be made.

We enjoyed the entertainment on the ship especially the guest comedian however we preferred to sit on deck 10 with the friends we had made. The barman JD on deck 10 was hilarious and provided us with plenty of laughs. Aya who was waitress at night on deck 10 was also fabulous, we had plenty of laughs and she was brilliant.

In some parts the ship is tatty but its nothing major unless you're just overly picky.

The excursions on the ship were expensive, we did the cable car and old town tour in Dubrovnik however we found it to be slightly rushed and although our guide was informative we struggled to hear him. With the adriatic explorer itinerary also towns are within walking distance or a short taxi ride. My advice is to do your own days out rather than their excrusions.

We enjoyed all the places we visited and we definitely be going back to Dubrovnik for a holiday.

All staff on the ship are very friendly and attentive. All in all we had a great holiday and after coming home we decided to book another cruise. We will therefore be back on the majesty in August and we are very much looking forward to it. Less

Read more Thomson Majesty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Majesty Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Majesty 907

A great room with an unobstructed view from the balcony. Although the cabin can sleep a maximum of four I would say that it is only ideal for 3 people. The sofa bed was uncomfortable so I slept on the sofa rather than having the bed pulled out. The bathroom is small but practical. There is too much furniture in the room especially with three people sharing. Our cabin was lovely and clean, with crisp fresh towels changed daily. I am not sure if it is really worth the extra thought.