“Un-Cruise Adventures says it all - No floating city”
Cruise review of Un-cruise Safari Quest

RockytheBear Safari Quest 5 Un-Cruise Adventures says it all - No floating city
RockytheBear
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

The Safari Quest and its crew are top notch in every respect. I have never experienced more competent, capable, friendly, and helpful people as this crew. They made this adventure fun and interesting. The boat has a capacity of 22, but we had 13 guests. Rooms are comfortable, if small, but small is to be expected at sea. Food was absolutely outstanding. Every dinner had a choice of seafood or meat, with plenty of alternatives for vegetarians. Dungeness crab, one night, was outstanding. Another night, we had short ribs that the chef had braised overnight for 8 hours. Best I had ever eaten. Both my wife and I ate fish or seafood most nights (and she is not a fish fan).

Day trips were wonderful. We visited many glaciers, saw lots of bear, seals, sea lions, sea otters, etc. I kayaked for the first time in my life. We had a National Park Service Guide on the boat for several days in Glacier Bay. She knew her stuff and was able in to communicate facts while keeping it interesting.

We saw more humpbacks than I could have imagined. They seemed to cavort just for us. That was a highlight.

Nice cabin. Small, as is to be expected, shipboard. Queen bed. Bathroom is small but functional. Shower (no tub) works well. Only downside is that cabin is next to galley and one or two mornings we heard galley noise around 6. Chef commmented to us that he made efforts to be quiet in the AM, but sometimes stuff happens. I think the room was better than those below, if not as nice as the 4 A deck rooms, which have sliding glass doors that open to the sea air and more storage space.

Un-Cruise, the "cruise" line, is outstanding. I would try any of their boats. The owner came aboard one night, and the obvious rapport between him and the whole crew was something to behold. He is sincere and committed to the environment. His employees are dedicated to making a trip a true pleasure.

This was the trip of a lifetime.

Safari Quest Cruises to Alaska

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Safari Quest Review
Safari Quest Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?