Viking Spirit Cruise Review by jinglesnmoe: Paris to Normandy

Paris to Normandy

Sail Date: June 2014
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Paris

This trip was all that we had hoped for and more. We started our trip with an apartment rental in Paris for one week. Being senior citizens with some walking issues we found this to be a relaxing way to see Paris on our own terms. We boarded the ship early on Sunday and everything was ready, even lunch. The crew was very welcoming and friendly, as they were throughout the whole week. The cabin was a good size with lots of storage..more than some cruise ships we have been on. It seemed as though our cabin attendant was busy, busy, busy. She was always cheerful and accommodating . There was always plenty of bottled water available at no cost. The food was very good and the service was a little spotty at times. On the walking tours my. husband and I dragged the group down and at one point a fellow passenger commented that we didn't thank them for waiting for us.. After that we broke off from the group and met them on the bus later. My husband has since had a hip replacement. Next time we More will lead the pack.. We took this particular cruise to be in Normandy near June 6th..we were there on the 5th. At the American cemetery Viking gave us all a rose to put on a grave and there was a ceremony which was very moving. Because of the 70th anniversary there we hundreds of re-enacters with old uniforms and jeeps and tents set up in the fields. It was a "happening". Monet's garden was wonderful. Les Andelys was a pretty little town with only 3 shops , just my speed. All in all it was a wonderful trip. There is a ton of walking, as there is on every tour. I would not hesitate to recommend this ship to anyone. Less

Read more Viking Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Spirit 202

This cabin has a window that does not open..I don't see the advantage of paying extra for the open window as the a/c was on and in use. The cabin was a good size with lots of storage.