Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by wirelesswine: A pleasant return on the QM2 for a short voyage

wirelesswine
Member Since 2007

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Canada & New England Cruises

A pleasant return on the QM2 for a short voyage

Sail Date: July 2014
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Brooklyn, Red Hook)

This was my 5th time on the QM2, and this time my wife and I decided to take our toddler and in-laws, who have never sailed before. We purposely chose a short voyage out of a local port for convenience, and were very happy with the decision.

First off, embarkation and disembarkation were very easy, and made me very happy to not have to deal with airports/airlines for this trip.

Once on the ship, we were happy to see her in all her grandeur. My in-laws loved the ship itself; the history; and sailing under the Verrazano Bridge.

We were more than pleased with the service in the dining rooms and bars. The staff was VERY accommodating with our toddler, greeting her by name the first day and always making sure she had a kids meal and milk before we even arrived at the table. Dinners in the Brittania restaurant were excellent and elegant.

My only 2 gripes are with the King's Court buffet, which I understand is being revamped (it needs it!) and that there More were some stipulations on the use of the night nursery which we did not know until arriving on the ship (even after reading all of the documentation beforehand).

We sailed around a hurricane and the ship was exceptionally steady. We always felt safe and we always had great service. This ship may not be the ideal for a younger crowd or those with children, but if you go in with the right expectations, you should be quite pleased. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>