Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by Kalinta: Wonderful ship and lovely cruise!

Kalinta
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Crystal Symphony South America & Antarctica Cruises

Wonderful ship and lovely cruise!

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Embarkation: Rio de Janeiro

The trip started with the big DFW snowstorm. Had to sleep in Admirals club in MIA after many hours of delay DFW, more delay MIA. Luggage went to NY, and I arrived in Rio day late, no bags. Met a friend right away, also with lost luggage and managed to tour RIO for several hours before boarding Symphony. Crew was great locating all the lost bags and gave great service regarding laundry and follow up. Christmas decorations were wonderful and the cabin very nice. I travel Solo, so a room alone price was reasonable. Have been on 12 cruises on various lines and Crystal is the best overall value for the quality. The excursions could use some price lowering or upping the trips, but still a great cruise line. I had a window only cabin, and was pleased. Stateroom attendant was fabulous. Meals great, piano bar fun. Shows actually good and we got the postage stamp disco going nightly. Met friends easily and sat with other Solo travelers at late seating. Perfect !! I am booked on a back to back More AKL-SYD-BALI in Nov 14. Less

Read more Crystal Symphony cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crystal Symphony Review >>

Cabin review: Crystal Symphony 7050

Perfect for solo traveler. Being alone, I really prefer to get up and go see the view and have breakfast and meet people. I prefer to do excursions, relax by the pool and enjoy the ship, rather than spend a lot of time alone in the cabin, so I like the light but don't need a balcony or large room. Crystal Solo fares are very fair.