Carnival Glory Cruise Review by FutbolMom: Satisfied, Not Amazed

Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Satisfied, Not Amazed

Sail Date: July 2014

Our family of 5 shared 2 cabins - an interior and a balcony. Worked out really well. We have cruised before, but it's been a few years and on a different cruise line. The staterooms were comfortable and always kept clean. We were directly above the small stage in the casino area. The music went until midnight. It was fine except for 2 nights the music was unbearably loud. Next time we'll know to avoid that. Our embarkation and debarkation were fast and easy even without purchasing the upgrade. Maybe we were lucky.

There seemed to be a small amount of pool space especially on sea days. Fortunately our family just found lounges in other locations or did something else completely. None of our kids participated in the Camp Carnival/O2 activities, but it was clear that the older kids made fast friends. There was always a herd of teenagers roaming the ship together. The entertainment was enjoyable. We saw several of the "family-friendly" comedy shows. They were as advertised and More fairly funny. We saw 3 of the 4 singing performances. The quality varied, but they were enjoyable and the cast was good. Epic Rock was good enough we saw it twice. The Divas performance left me wanting an hour of my life back. My biggest complaint, though, was that they did not show most of the World Cup games anywhere on board.

Our dining experience was a bit of a mixed bag. We ate in the dining room each night. Loved the wait staff and the food was generally good, but rarely was I wowed. The steak was the most flavorless piece of meat ever. But some of the other nights were excellent and made up for it. We tried some fun things that were "regionally inspired" or "rare finds". I was disappointed in the desserts everywhere on the ship. Good, but not awesome. We ate breakfast most mornings on the Lido deck buffet. It was quite good, but a little variety might have been nice. We're early risers so we rarely found any lines. Guy's burgers got rave reviews from the family members who ate there. The pizza and burritos were very good too. My teenage son is hungry constantly and he had a hard time finding much variey of food mid-afternoon or late night. They could have a few more things open.

The ports we visited were all a lot of fun. Cozumel had some fun shopping. We snorkeled and went to a great private beach with water toys booked through Carnival. Would recommend that excursion, but there were several others that looked great too. In Belize we booked a private tour to Xunantunich ruins. It was amazing and unique. The local tour guide, Manuel, showed us some things I'm sure the larger tours didn't get. The lunch we ate at the small, open-air restaurant was one of the best meals of the trip. The tender process to get from the ship to Belize was incredibly inconvenient. I'm shocked that they don't have a smoother process for getting passengers ashore when they can't pull right up to a dock. Terribly inefficient. We didn't do any excursions at Roatan. We wandered around and found some beach lounge chairs, swam, and then shopped. Grand Cayman was really fun and the tender ride was much shorter. More souvenir shops and then we went to Stingray City (booked through Carnival). It was awesome and I would definitely recommend, but again there were a lot of excursions that looked fun.

One last note: My husband had hives and we didn't know why so he went to the on-board medical staff. Do not ever do that! It was expensive and he ended up quarantined for 24 hrs. He missed Cozumel completely because they flagged his card and he couldn't get off the ship. Even though he was feeling better by then.

Overall a lot of fun and I would not avoid booking another cruise with Carnival, but I wouldn't shy away from trying another cruise line either. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>